One more lionhead (sorta) in Lionhead Land

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cutie!

A chocolate agouti would have a ruby glow to the eye. The best place to check for chocolate as opposed to black tipping would be over the top of the tail. To me, he looks like a chestnut agouti in the photos.

Hard to guess at this age what he could possibly be. A Satin mix can have a very soft coat. Might also be a lop mix.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what he looks like as an adult!

Pam

Um wait.....I don't know that I can keep him that long!!!

ARG!

Oh well - he's wanting out of his carrier so I suppose I can go and get him out...watch him thump at me and tear me up again w/ his nails. I promised him a nail clipping today after he drew blood last night.

Peg

pamnock wrote:

Pam

If he was a lop mix andyou lop (push down the ears yourself) the ears, are you supposted to feel the ears wanting to rise again?

I will have to look up a picture of a Satin.

His huuuge ears andlargeback feethave to be a hint as to what mix he is, right?

pamnock wrote:
What a cutie!

A chocolate agouti would have a ruby glow to the eye. The best place to check for chocolate as opposed to black tipping would be over the top of the tail. To me, he looks like a chestnut agouti in the photos.

Hard to guess at this age what he could possibly be. A Satin mix can have a very soft coat. Might also be a lop mix.

Pam

Lops generally do have HUGE furry, feet compared to their size, so it may be a clue.

Ear control can vary widely, and even some purebred lops have totally erect ears.

The Satin fur shaft is very narrow compared to a normal fur shaft. In a mix, the hair shaft is often narrower (but not as narrow as a purebred). However, in some cases, I've seen Satin mixes with very coarse coats. Rex mixes may also have very coarse coats.

Pam

What I find so fascinating about him is that he frequently sits like this - with his back legs extended way forward like that. My lionheads don't sit like this -plus his back legs are HUGE while his front legs are much smaller and more normal sized. But it is almost like he has to sit with his back legs like this to feel comfortable for his body type?

Does that help at all?

Peg

TinysMom wrote:

I love the name Riley! I also like Elvin :)

What Pam said about the big feet on lops- Max 2.0 who Im fostering is a big agouti lop boy. His feet look a lot like that pic, large and pushed forward like that.

Haley wrote:
His feet look a lot like that pic, large and pushed forward like that.

The abnormal angle of the feet can indicate a defect in confirmation, such as hip dysplaysia.

Pam

Hes lovely, well done for rescuing him!

My dwarf lop Domino also has huge feet and also sits is a similar position, so he could be half lop :biggrin2:

*watches video* For some reason I really like the name Sheridan for this guy . . or maybe Samson . . . don't ask me why, 'cause I dunno =^.^=

I wish I could keep him! But of course it would be too impractical right now to have a bunny in the apartment . . oh well . .

Pam - are you talking about for the lop Haley mentioned or this guy?

I thought maybe there were other breeds that sit like this....?

What possible health consequences can come from hip dysplaysia?

Great - another bunny to worry about.....

:shock:

Peg

pamnock wrote:
Haley wrote:
His feet look a lot like that pic, large and pushed forward like that.

The abnormal angle of the feet can indicate a defect in confirmation, such as hip dysplaysia.

Pam

Wow...what I miss when I catch up on lost sleep! :D

Riley (I LOVE that name) looks definitely like he could be part lionhead/part lop. Those big feet look JUST like my girls' feet. I don't often see them sitting like that, but they do sometimes sit funky with their back feet.

The soft fur (and even those ears) could definitely be lop. They're a bit different in shape than Flower's (a bit pointier on the end, though that could be the lionhead influence). Flower's fur is DREAMY soft...she's my softest girl, and she's DEFINITELY part lop. And both her and Trixie have those huge back feet (compared to front).

So, that's my thought on it. :)

Oh, how I wish I could take him...but in September, I'll find myself suddenly with NINE buns...lol!! Hey, why not even it out with ten??

I'll talk to Danny and see what he thinks...not like we couldn't just throw him in with the group that'd be coming over! Hehe!! :D

I had a Rex girl who had a problem with her hip and used to sit like that. The vet thought she had dislocated it and it had popped back in on it's own but was still sore and swollen, so she had to have anti inflammatories, it soon cleared up though and she was fine.

I hope he's okay and just has a strange way of sitting. He's gorgeous!

That would be neat! I would want to fight you for him though ;), haha.

I like the little guy. He is real full of life, but then when you pet him he lays down and lets you.....hrm....sometimes, hehe.

maherwoman wrote:
I'll talk to Danny and see what he thinks...not like we couldn't just throw him in with the group that'd be coming over! Hehe!! :D

Ooooh so cute!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

And Maddie really needs a friend.... shame he's on the other side of the Atlantic :p

Latest posts

Back