One bun or two?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveme88999

Reaction score
Hi!
So I will soon be adopting a rabbit and I was wondering if I should get one or two. The lovely girl I’m planning on getting was in a bonded pair but sadly her partner had to be put to sleep. Since she’s used to having a friend I was wondering if I should try and bond her with another one of the shelter buns before bringing her home. Let me know! Thanks! :p

I’m no professional but I think it would be a great idea as long as you don’t rush it. Bunnies tend to get lonely especially when they are used to having a partner.

Oh, so she isn't an "old" bun by any means! In that case, I suggest you go with your gut. But there are a couple things to consider.

Some indoor rabbits do just fine as single rabbits. (There are even a few that "have" to be kept single.) However, if you don't think you are opposed to having two, or you think you will eventually get a second one anyway, then you may be best finding a potential match before you bring her home.

If I recall, you work at a shelter, so you'd have the opportunity to match her up. Females can be particularly territorial, so it would be easier to bring her home with a potential bondmate. That way the area is neutral and she hasn't claimed your place as her territory.

Latest posts

Back