On the grass...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayHey0248

BunMum
Reaction score
I have a 3 and a half month old mini rex, that i've only had for about a week. When can i introduce him to my back lawn in an Xpen and for how long?
Thanks!:)

You can introduce him now to the back yard. I think he would love it. I would give him 15 minutes at first. See how he likes it. You don't want to expose him too much to the heat because he is an inside rabbit. Make sure you bring out his water and have something that he can hide under in the x-pen.

Hope he has fun.

K :)

:yeahthat: my Charlie went out in the pen from the time I got her at 7 weeks and the breeder said that was fine.

I don't know about in Australia, though. There are more things that can infect rabbits there, like from mosquito bites. So try to get some advice from fellow-Aussies.

Thanks guys! The lawn isn't treated and it all 'natural'. ;)
It was quite cool today and i watched out for mozzies.
He LOVED it though! He did heaps of binkys and sprints! And adored the grass. :)

HayHey0248 wrote:
Thanks guys! The lawn isn't treated and it all 'natural'. ;)
It was quite cool today and i watched out for mozzies.
He LOVED it though! He did heaps of binkys and sprints! And adored the grass. :)

Glad your bunny had a fun time out on the grass. It's always nice to give them something different to explore.

Glad to hear Rocky Road had a great time on the lawn. Grass is the most natural food we can give our buns - and he obviously appreciated it.

Isn't it great to see them binkying and running - always brings a smile to your face.

Small Pet Select

alos watch out for fleas, worms, parasites, bugs and ticks. that is why i dont mailnly let my bunny outside on the lawn. im so paranoid :D

alos watch out for fleas, worms, parasites, bugs and ticks. that is why i dont mailnly let my bunny outside on the lawn. im so paranoid :D

patches2593 wrote:
Know how you feel. Was also paranoid myself about what my boys could pick up outside. Did some research and found this product.

Diatomaceous Earth - all natural. It's a very interesting product. It's a fine powder composed of crushed fossils. This substance is used externally to destroy the waxy outer shell of the fleas and ticks causing dehydration and death of the parasite.

Sprinkled it all in the bunny area. It's not toxic and or harmful in any way. Protects both my bunnies and my dog Jake.

You should look it up. Bunnies love to be outside and if you have something that will help relieve the concern of this issue, go for it.

Hope this helps.

Karen, how much did you use [per 10 sq ft or whatever]. I use it for gardening anyway, so already have it on hand. Does it get in the pet's hair, though?

Latest posts

Back