OMG I FOUND A KITTY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
I named him ''Toupe' ''. I was debating on wether or not to bring him inside but i'm afraid my other cats will start spraying the furniture. I guess he'll be ok out in the barn. He looks like he's got a nice fluffy winter coat to hold him over.

toupe2.jpg

toupe.jpg

Umm, Darlin? I think Pepe le Pew there is more of a hazard to the furniture than your cats...
That ain't no kitty!

I wonder what on earth a skunk is doing in the rabbitry? Does he like pellets?

MrMylanMan: hah I just noticed that you named that pic toupe
JAK Rabbitry: thats what I named the kitty
MrMylanMan: kitty huh
MrMylanMan: don't think that's what I'd call it
JAK Rabbitry: ?
MrMylanMan: looks a bit like a non-kitty
MrMylanMan: haha
JAK Rabbitry: a....non-kitty you say?
JAK Rabbitry: like a gerbil?
MrMylanMan: yeah
JAK Rabbitry: oh
MrMylanMan: or a skunk perhaps
JAK Rabbitry: so like...
JAK Rabbitry: a wild forest kitty is what you're sayin'
MrMylanMan: lol
MrMylanMan: sure
JAK Rabbitry: saweet

I LOVE skunks! they are so darned cute! Unless you freak them out, they don't spray. God help if the bunnies freak him out!

You know this is a skunk, right?
Has the ability to squirt noxious fumes all over the place if mad?
Good for blinding predators and whatnot... they spray when they get PO'd. Have to bathe animals in tomato juice a few times to get it out of the fur.

If it sprays in an enclosed area, I have no idea how you'd wash it out...

Well, certain cats will spray to mark their territory, but this particular breed (POLE CAT) sprays a horrid fume when they are afraid or mad!

They're awfully cute...
I remember taking an old tin can off the head of one little fella. My sister was catching the bus to go to California (school trip) at about 4 AM, so I drove in. On my way back, I saw this little dude clunking across the main road between the towns.

4 am,... not really thinking straight. I parked on the side of the road, threw the 4-ways on. and started to strip down. I was really worried that if he sprayed me, I wouldn't be able to get back in my mom's brand new car :biggrin2:.

An old guy in his 70s stopped bc of my four ways, and watched me follow the skunk all over the road for a good ten minutes. Poor guy couldn't get over the curb, because the can would hit the curb and ring in his little ears... So disoriented. Finally I got in the right position and grasped the can between my feet and held on as he stumbled between my legs. He pulled, I stayed still, and the can popped off his head!

He looked at me. I was sure he was going to spray, no doubt about it... He was pretty confused, looking this way and that, then toddling off into the woods.

Funny poor fella. It was really fun, and kinda hysterically scary at the same time :)

Awwwww! I love his "toupe" look. I know I couldn't keep him. My dog seems especially attracted to those particular "kitties". At least my dog stays away from the "kitties" with the pokey furthough.

when I was a kid..one of my mom's friends had a pet skunk...

he/she (don't recall) had been "deskunked" in other words the parts that spray were removed....

"freddie" (yup, that was his name) was just like a cat! he still had a musky smell but otherwise was just like a feline!

I don't belive tho...that I would bring that particular "cat" inside......he looks a little grouchy and grouchy cats are not fun to be around!

LOL!! The things I miss when I can only get to the computer once a week!! LOL!!

I just love Toupe...despite his species classification!! What a cutie!

Danny and I have in the past toyed with the idea of having a de-smellified skunk. But we always come to the conclusion that the kitties would just get WAY too confused for that! LOL!!

Though, I'm sure Simon the Stinkhead would get along with one FAMOUSLY!! :biggrin2:

He is soo cute! He looks young!

Are you just gonna leave him in your rabbitry, though? What if he sprays the bunnies :shock:

NorthernAutumn, I liked your story! lol. I was laughing, but poor skunk. Lucky you to have stopped and saved the poor fellow!

Emily

For now I guess he's a membero f JAK Rabbitry. Its not like I can pick him up and relocate him anywhere. I don't htink he'll just rnadomly up and spray the bunnies, they have to be at least slightly provoked to spray, right? And Its not like HE has to feed them every freakin' day....

-JAK

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
For now I guess he's a membero f JAK Rabbitry. Its not like I can pick him up and relocate him anywhere. I don't htink he'll just rnadomly up and spray the bunnies, they have to be at least slightly provoked to spray, right? And Its not like HE has to feed them every freakin' day....

-JAK

They will spray only if/when they are threatened or ill.

Back