omg! I am furious!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frick!!! I spoke to soon I just went in to find all her toys in the nestbox along with fur. She has started pulling fur to line the nest! EEK! I leave for vacation on wednesday, I do have a pet sitter coming to take care of the other animals but I don't know if I should trust someone else with newborn babies. What should i do? I guess just wait and see what happens. sigh. I was really hopeing (sp?)she wasn't pregnant.

~Hayley

I can't wait to see what happens. Most likely, since she is pulling fur, she is pregnant. I hope she has a safe delivery and has healthy big babies. And that they are as cute as buttons!

Sherbert is weird I don't know what got into her but she spent a whole night building a nest and started pulling fur but never finnished and still has not had babies, i'm baffled.If she had a false pregnancy would she still wait a month to build a nest? I thought if they had a false pregnancy it didn't go the whole 31 days, is this right? I am just waiting to see, we didn't get back from our last vacation until the 22nd so really she could have gotten pregnant then.I'll keep you updated.

~Hayley

She may be confused by the Hormones. Could be a false pregnancy... but give her time. I know you are going away on Wednesday. Just make sure whoever is watching her knows about the nestbox set up and what to expect. If she has babies, she'll take care of it... be patient....

We have BABIES!!! Three of them. Sherb is doing good, although I found something kind of strange in the cage.

Babies:

025.jpg

Theweird thing:

What is it? has anyone seen anything like it before?

026.jpg

~Hayley

Congratulations on your new litter! They look healthy and well fed! Sherbert must have handled it fine. Those "things" you found in the cage are probably the placenta's, or pieces of them. (Can't see very much in the photo) She should have eaten them, but since she left them, just throw them away.

So glad it all worked out! Now you have to keep us PHOTO updated on their growth.

Congrats on the babies! I am glad they are all healthy! I can't wait to see them grow up!

Okay the babies are doing great they are starting to get some hair and they are fat and active. But their hair is growing in kind of srange they look like they have tiger stripes where they have no fur, and the tops of their heads are bald:( Poor little babies they think their tigers :)Well here are some pics:

babies006.jpg

babies009.jpg

babies015.jpg

Why is their hair like that? it's kind of weird but they are also really wrinkly?

~Hayley

Are they lionheads or lionhead mixes? I didn't get a good look at the pictures - but they might be double mane lionheads if both parents are lionheads.

Yes they are Lionhead mixes the mother is my Vienna-marked lionhead doe, and the father is her son a tortoiseshellLionhead/holland lop mix.

Mother:

litter36.jpg

Father:

Picture052.jpg

I have had lionhead/lop litters before but they have never looked like this.

~Hayley

They are fine, I've had babies like that, kinda looks like they are wet but they will get hair there soon. Their dad is a no mane(I am right, right?) so the babies will not be double mane. Expect single manes and no manes, either way they are gonna be cute :biggrin2:

Back