omg! I am furious!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
Okay so heres the story, I have been on vacation for the last two weeks and payed my auntto watch Sherbertmy lionhead doe while Ive been gone. Well come to find out she putSherbert and her buck Harley together, not just once but they have been living in the same cage together the entire two weeks! Thats not the worst part Harley is her son! GRRR! I just cant believe she could be so stupid! You know what she said when I called her out on it "Sherberts Harleys mother he knows better he wouldnt mate with his own mother" Can you believe that, like a rabbits going to know his mother!.......So I am really hoping that she did not get pregnant although I cant see how she wouldnt have. So if she is i have no idea when her due date is going to be! Well ill keep you updated.

~Hayley

WOW! How irresponsible and stupid! I can't believe she said "How its is mom he know...." That is hilarious that she would even think that! She must not know about breeding!

At first when I read that Harley was her son I thought he was your aunts son, lmao, then i re-red it and got it.

I hope she isn't pregnant but you will just have to wait and see I guess.

Hayley, so sorry to hear about that! Wow... At least the same thing didn't happen to her that happened to my friend when I was little. Her family went out of town for a few days, and grandma and grandpa agreed to take care of her pet bunny. Instead, they ATE her bunny. Killed her and had her for dinner. Oh my gosh, that poor rabbit, and what a traumatized child! :shock:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Hayley, so sorry to hear about that! Wow... At least the same thing didn't happen to her that happened to my friend when I was little. Her family went out of town for a few days, and grandma and grandpa agreed to take care of her pet bunny. Instead, they ATE her bunny. Killed her and had her for dinner. Oh my gosh, that poor rabbit, and what a traumatized child! :shock:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Let us know if you find out she is indeed pregnant. We can help you through. We'll move this thread at that time.

Best of luck to you and Sherbert!:)

Edit: Moved this here per Peg upon request. Poster has been notified that I moved this thread.

I would plan on giving her a nestbox 28 days from the day that you left. The babies should be OK, most breeders line-breed, mother to son and father to daughter. The dangerous breedings are full brother to full sister.

Roger

As RAL said, just be prepared. Mother to son isn't a bad breeding, just a shame it's not a planned breeding. If you were going to spay her, (and you don't want the litter), it would be best to do it ASAP. But technically, she could be 2 weeks along. So she's half way through the pregnancy... she could be due in 2 weeks.

On another note, don't leave Sherbert with your aunt again.... some people take ignorance to new levels.

(edited for spelling... )

Oh my i agree never would my aunt ever have anything to do with the rabbit, it was sssssoooooooo irresponsible on her part to do that to YOUR rabbit. Good luck I hope everything turns out ok .

Wow no wonder you are annoyed! and and SS :shock::shock:wow now those grandparents were like teh worst bunny sitters ever!

I hope it all goes well for her either with her spay if you go that route or with the litter when it comes along

Oh my gosh! I would be furious also! That is very irresponsible of your Aunt to do that. I hope your bun is ok and not pregnant. But I guess you'll have to wait and see.

I also agree with what SeniorCats said. If you do have her spayed, give your Aunt the bill and have her pay it.

SnowyShiloh: Really? :shock:Wow, poor girl. And poor bunny. I can't believe that her Grandparents would do such a thing.

And I have a similar story to that. My Grandma's friend went to Japan (or some-where like that) and they had brought along their poodle. And she was the most adorable poodle I had even seen. Well they went to a resturant and they couldn't bring their dog in, so they had theowner of theresturanttake the poddle outside and keep it out there untill they were finished. But the person instead took it back into the kitchen, killed the poodle and then brought it back to the people and told them they had cooked the dog for their dinner!

I couldn't even believe to be in those people's shoes or SnowyShiloh's friend. Wow, people are very strange. But I think it's from what country they come from. Because I know alot of people from Japan eat dog..

If you really don't want babies, I would get her in for an emergency spay. We had to do that with one of our rescues. We assumed she was pregnant because she came in with a male that she had been housed with - and we were correct. It's not something we like to do, but we just didn't need to have any more babies in rescue!

Well, I am not going to spay her (I dont have any money to) so I'll just have to prepare for it. The bad thing is that I am going on another vacation for three weeks starting august 10 so I dont know what I am going to do. My aunt was supposed to watch her then too (which is NOT happening). I guess I'll have to cancel my trip, which sucks but I am not letting Ashley (my aunt)care for not only Sherbert but babies as well. It's such a bummer really did not want to deal with baby bunnies again, and I'll have to buy a new cage because I don't have one and I am not having baby bunnies all over my house. I guess I'll just have to start going to garage sales alot now because a rabbit cage aroung here costs about $75 dollars or more. How would I know if she is indeed pregnant? Apart from pulling fur and gathering hay. I guess I could palpate but I'm not very good.

~Hayley

>.< Eeee I hope she's not preggers, but I guess the odds aren't good huh? I hate having un-rabbit-savvy take care of my bunny. Best of luck to you with your buns!

She is actually at a pretty good point in her pregnancy to palp her. Is there any breeders in your area that you could palp her for you?

Roger

It would be cheaper in the long run to get her an e-spay. Taking care of up to the probably 5 (or more) babies she could have will not be cheap...or an easy way out.

Ask your aunt if she will pay for half of the spay....it's her responsibility, too ;).

how can people be so stupid. it always amazes me.....................

i'd have her spayed and have your aunt pay for it. tell her you wouldn't need to have her spayed right now if she hadn't put them together without permission and that you don't want to have to deal with babies right now so she needs to pay to fix her mistake. it shouldn't have to be your problem or inconvenience you any more than necessary.

that said, i hope it all works out, whatever you decide to do:hug1!

Shiloh, eating you grand kids rabbit:nosir:? i'm glad Grandma & grandpa love Jamie(G'ma even sent him lettuce:nod). they'd never eat him:innocent. uggh, i'm still all creeped out!:headsmack

Latest posts

Back