omg help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans_mommy

Reaction score
twinkie has emptied the nest box and isgoing nuts the poor wee ones are being kickedaround like a football..................i went into the cage andnoticed fur hanging out of moms mouth and i believe it camefor one of our other bunnies our long hairedlopi got 2 huge fur balls out of hermouth now i know they cantvomit so whyyyyyyyy would she be hoarding the other bunniesfur in her mouth???? i got it all out and she isstarting to calm down anysuggestionsnow the babies nest is destroyed and im not sure what todo i put more bedding and hay in therebut dont know if that is enough pleasehelp dont want the babys to get cold anysuggestions should itake them out and put them in another box or should i justleave themalonewill she still feedthemthis is terrible its 2 in the morn and iwont be able to sleep at all if i dont know that they areok................Donna

Take the nest box out and return it to the doe twice a day so she can nurse the babies.

Are there other adult rabbits in the cage with the doe?If so, they should have been removed. A good rule whenbreeding is "each rabbit to it's own cage". Rabbits are veryterritorial and may become protective of their young.

Pam

thanks pamnock for the advice..............yesshe has her own cage as do the otherrabbitsi even put her in a different roomso she wouldnt freak when the other rabbits were out runningaround..................i believe while she was outyesterday she grabbed a tuff of the lops fur and held it inher mouth bout 200 am i noticedfur hanging out her mouth so i pulled it out and it was the lopsfur (what a huge wad of fur it was) surprised shecould still swallow lololol got it allout of her mouth and she settled right down thebabys slept in a nest she built on the cage floor(plastic no wire) and has since rebuilt the nest in the boxwhere the babies are currentlyresiding. hopefullythat was it and no other incidents will happen.........thanksagain much appriciated Donna

Latest posts

Back