Oliver's Saga

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Nadia, good luck.

Is that the Vet in the Beaches area? I've heard good things about them if that's the one. Please let me know what you think about them. It's probably a little further for us but if they are better and cheaper I'd like to give them a try. Hey with 6 bunnies it can get expensive.

Susan
japhase4.gif
japhase6.gif

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hey Nadia, good luck.

Is that the Vet in the Beaches area? I've heard good things about them if that's the one. Please let me know what you think about them. It's probably a little further for us but if they are better and cheaper I'd like to give them a try. Hey with 6 bunnies it can get expensive.

Susan
japhase4.gif
japhase6.gif

Susan - it's the Greenwood Park Animal Hospital. They are on Gerrard between Greenwood and Pape.

Luckily they're about a five minute drive from the Beaches (a nice change from having to drive up to The Links). They're in Riverdale/Leslieville.

I'll let you know if she's good. It might take you an extra 10-15 minutes to get to this vet though.

;)

Nad

The vet - Dr. Munn is by far the best rabbit vet I've ever been to. She was amazing. That being said - she is NOT cheaper than my last vet.... lol.

She has bunnies of her own and sees a lot of rabbits. She took the time to explain every single detail of everything she said. The components of the bicillin and what she would use on him. Also was telling me about the two schools of thought on treating rabbits once and week and more than once a week with the antibiotics etc. She's done it both ways etc etc.

Then, she asked "Does oliver have active scabs on his face" and I said "Oh yes, lots, just flip him over..."

We flip him over and....

He totally pulled a fast one on us. No scabs. Anywhere. You can see the scars from where they were, but they're all gone. Totally. His skin is a little dry in the area, and his lip is still a little swollen, but all the scabs that were there three days ago... gone.

So uh... we didn't do anything more. I'm just going to watch and see if the two little ones on his cheek heal up. I'm putting betadine and an antibacterial cream on it to keep it clean, and we'll see - maybe they will just clear up like his lip. *shrug* If there is another flare up, I'll take him back into her.

So there is one thng she suggested that has me thinking. She said this could be something that has flared up because he's under some kind of stress. Some allergy or something that has taken on a life of his own because he's stressed somehow. So that got me thinking..

Oliver developed this a week and a half after I went back out to work and he was forced to spend his days in his cage (whereas since I've had him, he's spent the entire day with me hanging out on the sofa). Then, for the last 3 days, I've left him out of the cage and given him total free run of the main floor like the old days... and no scabs.

So I wonder if he's stressed to be in the cage all day and the change from having company to being alone.

*shrug*

We'll see how it goes. I've been leaving him out of his cage for the past few days to see if it continues to clear up. What a sneak if that's what this is - stress.:rollseyes

Nadia

Im glad to hear you found a great rabbit vet! Susan will have to check her out if Buttercup continues to have problems.

I really hope its cleared up for good. My rabbits are always like that- I'll call for an appt bc one has a watery eye and the day of the appt it clears right up.

This sounds likea Misty stunt- Oliver must be taking notes ;)

Isn't it just typical of a bunny to miraculously recover when they are at the vet.

I really hope that this is cleared up for good. It does sound as if stress could be the factor here. Either that, or Oliver is willing himself to have scabs so he can get more runtime ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jan

Latest posts

Back