Oliver's getting neutered!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
I made an appointment to get my bun, Oliver, neutered because of the fact I can't walk past him without being humped.. neither can my mom, dad, or nieces. So I made the appointment and I'm nervous something will go wrong. :( I completely trust this vet though, he has always been a great vet and for my whole life he has been our vet. All my cats and dogs have been neutered and spayed there with no problems.

I'm dropping him off Wednesday and picking him up on Thursday, but I am still so nervous. :/

Make sure that you take pellets and hay that he likes and some fresh veggies. He is allowed to eat right up until surgery. Rabbits cannot vomit so most vets insist on this as it makes them less shocky during surgery. I took Derby's most valued stuff with me that kept him company on the trip there and back and they put it in the cage with him to keep him company. Why overnight???? Most vets send them home a few hours after surgery.

Yikes.. why is he staying overnight?

Is this vet good with rabbits, that would be my biggest worry!

Wishing you lots of luck! Bugsy gets sniped on the 22nd, AND I CANT WAIT!

he will be fine i swear ! i had the same worrie with my dog i know it not a bun but there the same size with my bun when she is done im gonna give a loads of hay and 2 times as much pellets and a bit more veg and the more they have the less shock sets in but dont make him pop lol xxx he will be fine xxxx

He'll do great :D Ask your vet if you can have pain meds for when he comes home. I would also ask if you could drop him off early on the morning of the surgery, and see if you can get him that night. He'll be happier if he's in familiar territory. If not, send him with his favorite blankie, treats, and hay. He'll probably sleep most of the night anyway. Good luck, Oliver!

Yeah they don't like/allow people to bring animals early hours, why Idk. But I'll definitely bring his blankey and stuff but my dad asked if they were going to let him eat? :/

Back