Old RO member saying hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ofelia

Reaction score
Hello

Some of you might remember me, I am often on RO as a guest, scanning through the library for helpful information.

I have almost no time to post on RO or try to make friends as my rabbit rescue work takes up ALL my spare time so every few months I check in for inspiration to carry.

Bunny number 53 will be successfully re-homed next weekend.

I am working for the SPCA birdwing group and also have several rescued chickens and lately a lovely Indian runner duckling.
Times have been rewarding and also difficult, got a new fella in last week, $350 of treatment required to remove about 10 inches of baked in poo off his bottom and back legs, he will need 2 takes on removing it all, he came home the same day but has irritating little cuts on his sensitive bits as the poo had pretty much become a part of his skin and fur.

He has been named Wing because I can imagine that after 6 years off maltreatment, he would have anything to fly away. He had an eye infection, nasty painful scent glands, poor muscle tone, drippy nose and rattly lungs so he is under a heater 24/7 until he recovers. The prognosis looks very positive.

Along with Wing (a black lop), we have Tilly, a flemish, Rupert, a tiny NZ white, Luna and Maxi, the best of friends (one mini lop, one lop), Marcy (a stunning lop, good size, white and ginger, off to new home next weekend), Mia, a perpetually nervous and temperamental, tiny lop with a sad past and lastly Peter, a wild rabbit that has been trained to hand feed from me. Peter was caught and desexed and vaccinated before being re-released into the garden, it would be cruel to contain him, he is very wild and refuses to eat in a pen.

I have a couple of other black lops that live a few doors acres down the way due to spacing for the large pens.

As much I I would love to enter competitions, take endless photos to post up and suipport my other RO members, I simply do not have the time. RO is never far from my mind and I have recommended the site to countless new owners, vets, pet shops and friends.

Tonight I ventured to post something as the burden of seeing these little critters iin need can sometimes be overwhelming but I know now that its a life time pursuit and I just love bunnies of all kinds :)

Take care everyone:)

Hi Ofelia :)

I remember you well..it sounds like you have your hands full doing wonderful work caring for animals. That's great..

Just post when you can ; it is great to hear from you.

Maureen

Hi Lisa,

I'm glad to see you're back on RO for a little while.
Your crew has changed huh? Its good hearing from you again.
Love to all the buns there and your family.

Prisca

Latest posts

Back