Ola from Portugal!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkotigarche

Reaction score
Hello everyone! We are originally from the Chicago-area, but have moved to Portugal last month. Here are my two lovely buns, Dusty and Chloe:

7-1.jpg

Dusty is, ironically, the white one, and Chloe is the mixed Dutch. They are both one year old, neutered/spayed, and I believe they are siblings. My sister found them when they were about 4 months old in a forest preserve, so I decided to take them in. They have been absolutely wonderful! :)

Your bunnies are very cute. Looking at their picture makes me want to kiss them on the nose and snuggle with them. I have a bonded pair andI love watching them interact. Welcome to the forum. Beckie, Trouble and Trixie

Hi there and Welcome! How is Portugal? You were from Chicago? What a drastic change that must have been. What's it like there? How interesting!

Your buns are very cute. I amazes me how many people "find" bunnies just out loose.:( Thank goodness you took them in.:D

Again, welcome to the forum!

Crystal;)

AWW how nice of u too take these two in!! They are adorable! They make a very cute pair!! Welcom to RO

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!We were from north of Chicago, and then lived in southeastern Wisconsin for a bit. Moving to Portugal was interesting. Let me tell you - nobody knows anything about moving with rabbits to a foreign country! It was very difficult to find out exactly what was needed for us to bring the buns here. Luckily, my local House Rabbit Society was able to point me in a helpful direction - I spoke with a Portuguese vet.

Anyway, Portugal is a nice place so far. We live near the capital, in Cascais, a touristy city. The culture is interesting and the ocean is right here, but everything moves very slow.

Thanks again for all the comments!

Welcome to RO! :biggrin2:

Aww what little sweeties they are! Must have been big for them moving to Portugal! Were they ok on the plane?

Have fun here,

~Michaela and the girls~

It's hard to get used to the slow lifestyle here, but I guess it's good in a way - it's more relaxed, although it takes awhile to get things done, but that's ok.

I was worried about finding food and litter and such. I have to go to a petstore that's not too far out of the way. That's where I can get pelleted litter and pellets and treats (yay for treats!). Otherwise, the local supermarket carries 1kilo bags of hay, although I am not sure what type of hay it is...

Latest posts

Back