ok to let 1 bunny out of cage but not the other?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotina

Reaction score
Usually they both have free roam for about 4hrsevery day. I find myself very often stopping Turbo from chewing thecarpet (another big hole yesterday) or chewing on the furniture (justused Ivory soap). After I stop him about 3 times it gets annoying tocontinue. Is it ok then to "give him a time out" in his cage and lether continue roaming free? I do know to watch out and make sure she canget back in the cage when she needs to (as her litterbox is in there!)

My personal opinion is that you'd probably getthe "DON'T CHEW!" message into his head faster if you punish him byputting him in the cage. Has worked well for myJoelle. She sulks or throws a fit, but is much better when Ilet her back out.

yeah, I try not to make putting a rabbit in hiscage his punishment. You want them to associate their cage with goodthings. I know its frustrating though.

Have you tried a loud NO when he chews? Or placing something in frontof him (like cardboard) that he can chew? Hand clapping works well too.

If all else fails, I think its okay to put him in his cage. Is he stillyoung? My boys were like that when they were young, theyve sincestopped but I know how frustrating it can be.

Hand clapping with a firm NO or BAD works well.I wouldn't put them in the cage as punishment though because likementioned above, you want to associate that with a happy and safeplace.

If the NO/BAD and clapping thing doesn't work, you can always find acorner of your house, and designate that as a time out area. I havenever done this personaly but it is just a thought.

Latest posts

Back