ok so my pets at home bun is the best ever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj82

Reaction score
Ok, so I have had bunnies from breeders before, 2 in total, both were very untame and unfriendly. Anyway, against all advice we fell in love with a bun at p@h and we bought him \ her, what an amazing bun. Without doubt the friedliest and calmest bun we ever had. He is called bobby and is lovely. On the wat home I opened the box and he jumped onto me and stayed there all the way home. He is the most lovely thing. He has loppy ears but both lop to one side. What mix do you think he is? He is 10 weeks old.

DSC_0637.jpg

IMG_20131211_200018.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

Wow. He is freaking PRECIOUS!! I'm pretty clueless about breeds, so I don't know what he might be.

Are you sure his ears are lop ears? Some buns more than others will droop their ears. My bun does it when he is warmer than usual or when he is relaxed which is most of the time. Some have a weak ear base.

He is adorable but I have no clue as to his breed.

Where do you think pet stores get their rabbits? Breeders. Or people with no idea what they're doing that call themselves breeders.

Anyway, in the pictures he doesn't look like he has lopped ears. His fur doesn't look like normal fur, it's a little shaggier--maybe some kind of lionhead or angora in him. He's cute.

Pet stores get their animals from mills normally and occasionally from breeders but not normally. Pets at home are known for getting animals from mills. Yes in the pics his ears aren't looking loppy. They are quite strange, they both hang to one side. He is quite fluffy. I was thinking a touch of lion head in him or her.

Bobby is really cute, aj82!

I always feel bad for the poor little guys in pet stores. They're so cute, but since most responsible owners won't purchase a bunny from a pet store, they normally end up with people who view them as more disposable pets than anything else. Not being able to know the health of their parents can be tough, too. In this case, I'm glad you were able to bring Bobby home to a responsible home. :}

Yes I am delighted to have him! Think I got lucky with him or her. I just need to sex him now. I am useless at that.

This page can probably help you - http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexing.shtml ... sexing rabbits can be awfully challenging when they're very young, but by 10 weeks old, it shouldn't be too hard. I'm glad you're not taking the pet store's word for it (assuming they even wagered a guess), as I've heard countless stories about visits from "the gender change fairy," lol.

I've had a few that will do that.
IMG_2818.jpg

Usually (but not always) they will grow out of it. Of the two in the center the one on the left is Homer at 10 weeks old. At about one year of age he stopped with the lazy ears. He is now 2-1/2 and you'd never know he was my little helicopter.
IMG_3856_zpsca2ad922.jpg

I was just thinking he or she looks llike a helicopter!! I love your bunnies they are gorgeous! The pet shop said male but I just don't know. I will book him in for his needles at the vet and get him to check but I will check out the link! Thank you x x x

What breed are your bunnies homer? I adore the ears so much

I raise fawn colored Flemish Giants. BIG bunnies for sure. Homer's Ma Ma is my smallest doe at 19.5 pounds. He is a little small at 16 pounds...and yes, they know how to eat and eat and make fertilizer. :sweep

Wow that's huge! I don't think Bobby is that sort. I would love to know what he is. I adore his mismatch markings x

What a cutie pie! I love his ears! I got my baby bun from P@H (partly saving her from mean bullies) and she is a very social animal!
As far as breed, hard to say. I'd go with FRIGGIN' ADORABLE. That breed suits him well :)

Ah thank you so much selbert, can I see a pic of your bunny? X x

Hi there, your bunny looks similar to my Holland Lop I just got last month. You can see her pic on in my avatar... what a cutie!

:)

Have fun with the new bun!

Thank u, there are some similarities definatley, very lovely bunnies x x x

Latest posts

Back