OK, I just had to post this one

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Turtle

Reaction score
I just had to post this... these are three of the "SMB" litter, born late last November:

4216933572_b8eb2be484.jpg

Four (yawning at left) is the best kit of all time. Gentle, personable, he's on his way to a new home in the next few weeks. Two and Three, at right, are both at their new homes, one in Virginia and one in Pennsylvania. One and Five (not pictured) are now called Dawn and Beau. Dawn is headed to Sheri May, from whom we got Harry, our delightful black, and Beau is staying with us to start the next generation of champs.

All of you with small wabbits: in this picture the kits are exactly FOUR WEEKS old (Dec. 26). They were already larger than any adult "dwarf" wabbits and likely bigger than junior satins and some lighter Dutch.

Flemish Giants. The best wabbit to watch football with!

Turtle

Oh, yeah. Now, for those of you who are into such things:

If you want to catch a wabbit yawning, it's nearly impossible to do it with a camera-phone or a point-and-shoot camera. Why? Because your typical wabbit yawn lasts about one second, which for these devices is about the time it takes them to figure out the focus, the exposure, and then lollygag around until they decide it's permissible for you to take a picture.

Get a DSLR.

Seriously.

They are dirt-cheap compared to what they used to be, and boy, on a digital single-lens-reflex camera (DSLR), when you push that button it is gonna shoot RIGHT NOW.

See the shot? GET the shot! Click, boom.

And just like that, you have a wabbit yawn!

There's no other way to do it.

This particular shot was taken with a four-year-old Nikon D50 (now discontinued). However, the D40 series is great, Canon has some great entry-level cameras, and once you use one, you will never go back to point-and-shoot cameras if you really want to get "that shot."

Purists will note that at the York County show last weekend I used my Blackberry camera a lot. Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Will you be going to Flemish Nationals this year? Right now we tenatively have it planned in our calendar...

LOVE that yawning picture. I have a hard time getting my horses when they're yawning with my point and shoot, i don't even try with the bunny yawns

Latest posts

Back