OK been trying to find German Flemish Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIREBLADE

Reaction score
Growing up in Germany I like the big guys but I can't seem to find them here does anyone know of a breeder of the German Giants I tried Sugar Ray's and never got a response.:(

Kaley (kmaben) would be the person to ask. She has been looking into breeders. I think the only way you're going to get one is if you import

Yes German Giants are their own breed even though they originated out of the flemish!

Pam Nock on here knows a few breeders as they mix the German Giants with the Giant Angoras. I havent looked into yet so I'm not sure if they're true German/Serbian stock or not. Sorry if I sound snooty. I tried Sugar Rays as well. Good riddance.

I do know several breeders overseas I can put you in contact with. However if you are already planning a trip to Germany I'd just recommend bringing one back with you. (and one for me too...) We flew our guys petair out of Frankfurt international and it wasnt too terribly bad. It would for sure be cheaper if you could get them on the same plane as you. I love my big baby even though he ended up with the typical eye issues.

I've come across a few names as possibilities. I'm pm them to you. I have no idea how to contact some of them though. You may be able to find them on facebook.

Thanks for all your help well I have found out I can bring 5 without problems so will have to go thru the german breeder list and see who has what.
I know I want blue gray and dalmation pattern.

Yes German Giants are their own breed even though they originated out of the flemish!

Pam Nock on here knows a few breeders as they mix the German Giants with the Giant Angoras. I havent looked into yet so I'm not sure if they're true German/Serbian stock or not. Sorry if I sound snooty. I tried Sugar Rays as well. Good riddance.

I do know several breeders overseas I can put you in contact with. However if you are already planning a trip to Germany I'd just recommend bringing one back with you. (and one for me too...) We flew our guys petair out of Frankfurt international and it wasnt too terribly bad. It would for sure be cheaper if you could get them on the same plane as you. I love my big baby even though he ended up with the typical eye issues.
Not at all
And yes I find dealing with that site way to painfull I rather make the trip and get what I want and since I grew up there I know where to look.

Originally I looked into Sugar Ray myself and never got a response. In the long run I'm happy he was never a consideration since the breeders I did work with were very nice and we still keep in touch.

Where in Germany were you? So many neat places. And we found so many breeders AFTER we moved back stateside. -_- But Kai is just a pet and we love him dearly. Even though he is pretty stubborn. And kind of Tudey. He's bonded with my 3 pound petite mix. She sits inside his ears to groom them.

Where in Germany were you? So many neat places. And we found so many breeders AFTER we moved back stateside. -_- But Kai is just a pet and we love him dearly. Even though he is pretty stubborn. And kind of Tudey. He's bonded with my 3 pound petite mix. She sits inside his ears to groom them.

I lived in Kaiserslautern close to Ramstein airforce base.
Some of the breeders from years ago are still there I talked to them last night.
But most of them don't ship so I would have to go there anyway but than I wanted to go no matter what.

Ah neat! We were out in Baumholder about two years ago. We went over to Speyer to pick up our boy. Well we went to look and we ended up with him is kind of how it happened.

Looks like I will be going in March still cold enough to travel safe without getting to hot for them.
But I got to many people wanting rabbits can't bring that many unless I get someone to go with me.
But it be nice to get new blood and good bloodlines besides what is being breed here not to tick someone off.
I love my rabbits there just not big enough I like the big guys I used to have.

Looks like I found one person to go with me should be fun to look for the best rabbits to bring back.:)

Latest posts

Back