Oink?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well you guys, I've got a question about Spice, lol.

I had him at the back door with the inside wooden door open because themetal/screen door allow some cold air in and I figured it was betterfor him since the temperature was more even. Well he kept trying to gounder the door and pulling a sheet out from under the door so I decidedto just close the door for him, well he announced his displeasure at myactions. He thumped his foot once and almost snorted it seems (soundedlike him blowing air out of his nose).

Then he did it again, this time because I opened the front door for him and he didn't seem to like to door in his way.

I'm wondering if perhaps this is an "oink"? I'm not sure what else tocall it, lol, but he is definitely announcing his displeasure, lol.

Peanut's done that...sort of an irritated snort. My boss's horses do that when they get mad at me :p

I've had horses do it when they're surprised lol.I know what it means but I'm just not sure what to call it! I alwaysthought my boys were silent, but I guess not Spice, although, this isthe only sound I've ever heard him make. Mocha had never made asingle sound, I accidentally stepped on him when he was a bay becausehe was nosy and I wasn't being totally careful, of course, I barely putany weight on him, but I'm sure most bunnies would have squealed. Istill feel bad about that to this day and am way more careful now.

Ours have snorted, hissed, grunted and oinked toexpress their displeasure at one time or another. People whostopped by today said their Holland Lop house bunny, "Buzz," actually"buzzes" around the house. Carolyn, our moderator, indicatesthat her Fauna also "buzzes." Most of us know bunnies arecapable of squealing when scared, hurt, or wounded, so they do make amyriad of noises.

Buck

Rex and Peanut sound like two little pigs atbreakfast time. Oinking, snorting,growling...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Buck,

I know they can make noises, it's just that my two have never made noises. My friends rabbit used to "bark".

m.e. wrote:
Rexand Peanut sound like two little pigs at breakfast time. Oinking,snorting,growling...
icon_rolleyes.gif
Lol. Pernod does that also. Perry doesn't but the other day I heardthis kind of squeaking noise, and it was Perry, fast asleep anddreaming, and by the sounds of it, dreaming of something nice:D - Jan

That was most likely a snort. That's adispleased thing. Oinks are normally a "I love you" or"Please come love me" thing..... they have a high pitched "peep" soundwhen they do it.... very similar to a snort. I used to thinkBo was sneezing and coughing.... LMAO!

LOL Whether it's an oink or snort. Ive heard thesame thing coming from Rexi. she is so high strung!! The good side ofthat....she's so vocal that she has some amazing sounds when she'shappy too.

Lanna

Buck Jones wrote:
Ours have snorted, hissed, grunted and oinked to express theirdispleasure at one time or another.? People who stopped by today saidtheir Holland Lop house bunny, "Buzz," actually "buzzes" around thehouse.? Carolyn, our moderator, indicates that her Fauna also"buzzes."? Most of us know bunnies are capable of squealing whenscared, hurt, or wounded, so they do make a myriad of noises.

Buck

I find that Very Interesting, Buck, that someone else's Holland Lop buzzes too. Hmmmm.

-Carolyn

You know, I knew rabbits could cry, or scream, but I didn't know they made so many other noises until I got Bo.

Last night, for the first time, he made a little growl sound and chasedthe cat onto a high entertainment center. LOL! The cat nevergoes up there, and Bo didn't realize I was nearby......

Back