Ohhhh why did I look?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwhoosh

Reaction score
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10799385

Cutest bunny I've ever seen, I want him so bad!!!! He's just the kind of bunny I've wanted!!! The problem? My apartment complex is very NO PETS, although I have Rilee. She was seen once, but luckily the girl was nice, or she didn't want to fill out paperwork just for a bunny? :(:(:( So sad. I should stop looking at Petfinder....

That Snowball is really cute. Could you not sneak him in somehow?

They say "where theirs a will theirs a way"!

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
That Snowball is really cute. Could you not sneak him in somehow?

They say "where theirs a will theirs a way"!

Oh yes I could sneak him IN alright. The problem comes when they do a "random inspection" and I'll have to be responsible for not just one, but two "illegal" pets. Although part of me is trying to convice me that it wouldn't make a difference. I can't decide if it would. Maybe not if they lived in the same cage....

Can they actually go into your apartment without your consent? I'm positive here in Canada that's against the law, at least it use to be when I rented way back when.

Oh He is so cute! I wish you could get him! Good luck!

PS I don't think the consequence could get worse for having two bunnies.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Can they actually go into your apartment without your consent? I'm positive here in Canada that's against the law, at least it use to be when I rented way back when.

In most places I'm sure they can't. But where I live is kind of geared towards college students, so they like to check in more often than other places might. Last year, my 3 roommates were home, and I wasn't, when they came (unannounced) to inspect. They tried in vain to keep her from checking my room. She ended up not tattling when she saw Rilee, but they have a master key and locked my bedroom, locking me out! Previously, they had given us notice that someone would come within the range of a week, but not that time. Is that allowed? If we call for maintainence, they're allowed to come fix stuff when no one's home, I'm sure of that.

Oh He is so cute! I wish you could get him! Good luck! PS I don't think the consequence could get worse for having two bunnies.

Hehehe that's what I'm contemplating. If you're caught, you have to pay a fee (something like $300) and get them out at once. I wonder if it's $300 for 2 too?

SOOOSKA wrote:

It usually is illegal to go in w/o 24hrs notice or consent, but it can be hard to hide a bunny!! We took Benjamin "T-Bone" for a walk once when the landlady was showing my apt. The next time she came to show it, however, was during the day when my bf and I were both at work, so I just said I was "taking care of a bunny for a friend because he just got neutered and we wanted to keep him close to the vet hospital [I live very close to the vet hospital] in case something happened." She's nice though so I didn't get in trouble.

And gwhoosh, I feel your pain! I LOVE looking at pics of bunnies on petfinder and craigslist, but it's so hard not to go get them! Especially when they're at a kill shelter, have been at a shelter for a long time, or the posting on craigslist shows that the owner knows nothing about rabbits! Around here we've been having a lot of "rabbits for sale, for meat or pets!" ads on craigslist, which are just disgusting and sad. I don't know how you can say they're sweet and cuddly and would make great pets in one sentence and then talk about some good recipies for them in the next!

gross.

He looks like my Angel Bun Pete. Very handsome.

As far the apartment thing, when I lived in mine they always gave advanced notice of inspections. Someone from the complex always went with whomever was doing the inspections. The maintenance staff was allowed to come in for repairs when I was not there. Never had any problems in the ten plus years I was there. Even with five rabbits in the place.

But if something like what happened here happens no warning.

The faucet was leaking where I couldn't see and it was going downstairs. So than they have to come in unannounced.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I know that if you wanted to meet him Gainesville would bring him to the Petsmart on Sunday. I'm not much help am I? He is a handsome fellow.

Ah! No you're not! Hahaha. I'm in south fl right now. Maybe if he's still unadopted when I go back?..... :whistling

gwhoosh wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I know that if you wanted to meet him Gainesville would bring him to the Petsmart on Sunday. I'm not much help am I? He is a handsome fellow.

Ah! No you're not! Hahaha. I'm in south fl right now. Maybe if he's still unadopted when I go back?..... :whistling
They are at Petsmart every other Sunday. Just call the number on the website and Kathy will make sure to bring him to meet you. You can also talk to her about volunteer opportunities. She is such a great lady and so devoted to rabbits.

He's a cute little bunny...that's for sure!

Uhhhhh....I have 2 cats, 3 rats, and 4 (soon to be 5 when Mal comes home) in the house we rent. The lease said, "Pets: none". BUUTTT....our landlord never asked us if we had pets, so we didn't tell!

I am sorry you have inspections. We haven't ever met our landlord NOR has he called us since April 1st of this year....the day we moved in. He lives just 2 1/2 hours away, too!

It's like owning the house already :p.

That's terrible that they can just walk in like that :shock:! No way landlord types can do that here. They have to give you lots of notice and normally have to make sure it's a day that suits you and everything. Otherwise feels creepy, bit of an invasion of privacy. Landlords here have to let you live in a certain amount of "peacefull quietness" and that includes inspections and such.

Yeah I'm really peeved about them walking in when I'm not home. And they're inconsistant too!!

The first time, we got a notice saying, starting 2 days later, there would be a week in which we will be visited by an inspector (just a college kid working there). I immediately rushed Rilee to a cheap exotic vet who would board her without an examination, since I didn't have a main vet up there. They didn't take good care of her. The girl didn't shpw up till the last day of the mentioned week. She walked in the door, asked if anything was broken, glanced at the living room and kitchen, and left. Didn't open a single bedroom door.

The second time, we weren't warned. The girl comes in and checks every bedroom, unlocking them with a master key and everything. She entered my room, even though my roomies tried to discourage her.

We were supposed to be visited right after moving in, and never were. The inspections were supposed to be every other month, but we only had 2 in 9 months?

Like, if I knew EXACTLY what would happen and how, I'd feel a lot better. Veeeery annoying. I would love to move to a pet friendly apartment, but the apartment and rooms are very nice for a reasonable price and my roommates want to stay.:?

Latest posts

Back