Oh the stupidity

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
Ok, so Olivia's vet office has a facebook page. Every week they post a picture and you have to try to figure out what it is. When you guess, your name gets put in a basket and at the end of the week, a name is drawn and that persons wins a prize for their pet. I won last week and Olivia got a free bag of Oxbow Hay. Well, the contest last week was a picture of a tan ball looking thing. I guessed a bladder or kidney stone. Which i was right. This week is the same picture but you have to guess "exactly" what animal it came from. Well, I used to work in a dog rescue and I knew that it was a Struvite bladder stone. So my answer was "It came from a dog. As far as "exactly" its a struvite stone...and they usually come from a female i believe. And the breeds prone to getting them are Miniature Schnauzer, Shih Tzu, Yorkshire Terrier, Labrador Retriever, and Dachshund. So theres my guesses :)" Well another girl commented and said "I like how someone stole my answer Struvite from last week."
Ok, seriously?? There is more than just that girl that knows what things are!! Why would she even say that? I guess she is the only one who is allowed to know specifically what something is?? To be honest, I never even read her comment on the previous picture, until I saw her comment on this picture. Yes, she said it was a Struvite stone. SO WHAT:X I know that this is trivial and I shouldnt be letting it get to me, but it really plucked my nerves!!!! I really hope I dont ever see her at the vet:devil:pullhair::soapbox

Most people like that are so "narrow minded that their ears rub". I'd not let it bother you, but I might register a complaint with the vet who runs it, as stuff like that doesn't fly for very long here.

Unfortunately some people don't seem to understand that some of these 'competitions' are a game of chance, yes she got the answer right but her name wasn't drawn from the hat. And gee this girl sounds like that, an immature person who thinks just cause she knows the right answer that the rest of the world shouldn't know it so she can get everything she wants.

Im hoping that when they log onto the page and see that comment, they will say something or take her off of it. If they dont say anything, then I will be contacting them. Its just so rude and disrespectful. Im am learning, now that I am a mother, to hold my tongue and not fly off the deep end. So im just laughing it off at this point :)

Em, you are exactly right! Its jsut really sad that grown people act like that. And the funny thing is, im 23 and she 35....shouldnt she have stopped that kind of behavior a long time ago?

Yeah some people never grow out of being stupid, or mean, or immature.

In fact one of my coworkers was threatened by an older customer and had a pack of highlighters thrown at him all because the coworker asked the customer for the packaging to ring up the highlighters. This same customer also made my then pregnant manager cry. And my manager is a nice lady too.

It's sad that people act like that. They aren't worth raising your blood pressure though. The trick is to figure out what to say to Audrina when she asks you why when people do nutty things. You want to say they're nutty, but she's likely to repeat that at inappropriate times, so maybe it's better to just say 'I don't know', while adding mentally 'because I'm not a psychiatrist.'

Yes she does know that I won last week. As soon as the vet posted I won she wanted to know what my answer was. And the contest rules say that you are allowed to enter each week. Its completely a game of chance. I cant help that they pulled my name out of the hat. Sore loser!

Yes it does sound like she is a sore loser. That game is by chance. If we were at the same vet and did the same game and both got the correct answer, but your name was pulled from the hat, then I would congratulate you on the win. I wouldn't be a sore loser.

Back