Oh Happy Day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturestee

Reaction score
Some of you (at least the other mods) have probably heard me griping about my job. It's 12 hour shifts at night (including weekends and holidays) at a chemical factory where I need to use way more brawn than brains. And I don't have the brawn.:?

Well, I just managed to get transfered to another building at the same site! It's technically the same position, but it involves more lab work, more intricate work, and the biggest volume I'm working with has gone from 200 gallons at the old job to 50 liters at the new, so no more hauling 55 gallon drums everywhere! It's still third shift but it's only 8 hour shifts and no weekends or holidays. Yippee!

Best thing is, I found out I got the job this morning and I'm already starting there on Wednsday night. :jumpforjoy:

Congrats. Wow you must be in great shape to haul around 55 gal drums! The change will no doubt be wonderful for you.

I used to do 3- 12s and hada flip flop day night rotation, every third week. I pretty much spent all my time away from the hospital sleeping. 12 hour shifts were so exhausting.When I went straight night 8 hour shifts it was so much easier on my body.

I have since gone to days, but sometimes I think it would nice to be on straight nights again too.

LOL! I can barely tip a 55 gallon drum of acetone, and that's one of the lightest ones! We have drum carts and parrot beaks to help get the drums from the pallets to where we need them, but they couldn't get them onto the scales. I have gotten stronger working there, but I was always worried about pulling a muscle or something. Doesn't help that I'm too short to get much leverage out of my body.:?

And yeah, 12s have been awful to my body and my mental health. I've only been working there since November and I've been dying to go back to 8s for months!

icon_redface.gif
...See now I thought your werereally buff. Looking back even Aronald would need some assistance no matter how pumped up!

WHOOPEE!!:yes:
image123.gif
:goodjob (AND ABOUT TIME!)

[align=center]I was about to phone those turkeys myself! [/align]

[align=center]("Are you guys insane? You're not using thisawesomely talented,WELL-EDUCATED and better yet, highly-recommended-by-a-bunny-boardbrain?!") [/align]

[align=center]CONGRATS!!! [/align]

[align=center](now we have to get you a raise) [/align]

[align=center]:elephant::bunnydance::colors::highfive::sunshine::bouquet::party::hug::bunnieskiss:bestwishes:thumbup:wiggle:toastingbuns:bunny18:kiss1[/align]

:D:DCongrats Naturestee!!:D:D:balloons:

I used to work straight nights (worked late shift for 5 years)Ouch!!:zzzzz It really started to wear after awhile! Good that you don't have to haul as much weight either!!:shock: I was a welder for 10 years (just spot welding and running jigs) but I ended up herniating 5 discs! Now I have to wait for surgery!!:? Sometimes the good paying jobs aren't so good in the end! ;)

Thanks!

You know Pipp, I actually did mention RO during my interview.:embarrassed: They asked me if I had any science-related hobbies, so I told them about putting together the Rabbit Health References stuff. They were actually pretty interested.:D

Latest posts

Back