Oh Deer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclairemom

Reaction score
I looked out the window and saw a deer family in the back yard and see two precious fawns then through the woods I see another deer limping through the edge of the woods :shock:. The rest of the deer moved away from the pear tree leaving the crippled mommy deer behind. My heart broke every time I watched her take a step :tears2::cry4: I hope that she will be alright and able to raise her baby. :pray: Other than her leg she looks pretty healthy so that's a big plus.

P1000795.jpg

P1000801.jpg

P1000802.jpg

She would not be the first animal to make it on 3 legs. Probably just strained it and will take a couple of days to heal. If she is still there in a couple of days, try and phone the vet or spca and see if someone can look at her.

We get several deer in our backyard too! Ironically I just posted a pic on my blog.

Anyway, we had a doe for 2 years that visited our backyard that had a badly broken leg. I felt so bad for her because you could see the injury--like the bone all mangled. But she made it around fine and we saw her for 2 years!

Lisa, now I have some hope that it will be ok. Plus I read that orphaned fawns usually fair pretty well once they are eating and the baby was eating pears so that put me at ease too. Now I just have to hold my BIG dog and look at the pear tree before I let him out. He can't get there because he's on an invisible fence and trust me the deer know his boundaries but I don't want to spook her if I can help it plus the fawn was in the yard.

See! This is more reason why I dont want to live in the city anymore!!!!

I never see deers or wild rabbits or anything besides stupid birds and lizards, UGH!

I hope she'll be fine!!

Latest posts

Back