Officially Spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lily got spayed today. And things could be worse.....

The vet didnt perscribe any pain killer because he was afraid that it would slow down her digestive system. He did say if she was still in pain the next day and not eating that I could call and he would give me something. The vet was awesome and called me personally when the surgery was over. I'. going to list him on our sites

The problem is she's not eating. I gave her 11 hours to eat on her own, and then my mther instincts kicked in and I fed her pumpkin with some honey mixed in. It wasn't as tramactic as I thought it would be. The hardest part was getting her in my lap and the first bite in. After that, she ate willingly.

Right now she is lying in her cage shivering a little. I have the heated rice sock in there with her but I think she's just scared of it. Depending on how much food is eaten and how much poo is made I might call the vet in the morning and take him up on that pain killer.

Asking for Prayers, comfort and reasurance,

Lindsay and Lily

Our vet doesn't give painkillers either...unless it is needed in the days afterwards. He is more concerned about the bunns liver and kidneys having to work overtime after surgery. If bunn isn't eating I would def cal the vet and see about painmeds though!

Aw, congrats to Lily on her operation. I hope she gets better soon and starts eating. It's very, VERY bad when rabbits stop eating, because they could go into GI Stasis... a deadly condition. I would definitely see the vet about the situation. Good luck :)

Wow, making her eat made all the difference....

I wake up the morning, and she's a whole new bunnie. She's acting like she never had surgery. She's destroying her towel. eating parshley, and came to the front of her cage when she was called. I'm no longer worried. I really believe that getting something in her system made her recover faster.

:DI'm glad to hear she is feeling better! Sometimes it justs takes a little while for them to get back on their feet! I know mine suffer a huge case of the pouts for the first little while after they come home! :D

Back