off topic... toads and my cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
My son and his friends found some toads and ourneighbor friend was mean and killed all but one. He has it in a gallonjug with a little bit of water. My son wants to keep it? Is it possiblefor us to keep it? Or would it be better for us to put him back in thewild. I dont have a clue on what kinda of a set up theyneed. my son put a really long worm from outside in there andit looks long enough to attack the poor toad. Any advice?? Myson does know that we might put him back.

A few days ago i said my cat was sick. She was found soakingwet under bushes and could hardly walk. I have had her forabout 14 yrs and was so worried. She was in the hospital since mondayand came home yesterday. They said she had high liver and muscleenzymes. They think she was attacked my a dog or hit by a car or fellfrom a tree. Some kinda of a trauma that put in her into shock. She isdoing so much better now, and even slept with me. Normally she sleepsin the kitchen with our dog. As far as i know shewill make a full recovery. Has to take medicene and high energy foodfor a few days and repeat the blood work in a week or so. The vet billwas very high and we dont have alot of money and they made arrangementswith me to post date a check to pay the remainder of thebalance. I am happy to have her home and safeagain. ;)

Cristy

I wish I knew about toads, Cristy. I don't, I'm sorry.

I'm so glad your cat is going to be okay.:)

-Carolyn

Hi, Cristy! I don't knowanything about toads. Sorry. I hope that you findthe info that you need.

I feel sorry for your poor cat. I hope that she getswell soon! Fourteen years! WOW! You allmust really be taking good care of her. My parents' cat was23 when she passed away in December. She was such a part ofthe family that we grieved her passing just as we would aperson.

Thanks for the websites. They are veryhelpful. I just relized i do have a fishtank that isnt beingused. It has some old yucky water in there. Its my husbands and hewasnt good at taking care of it. So it would take some cleaning. I amnot sure. Right now we are going through some rough times with moneyand the setting up the little toad in a home would just add to ourproblems. It might be a good learningexperince for my son to have a pet to take care of. I guess ihave to decide soon. Will see what my husband says when he gets home.The toad was found last night when i was at work but was in thebasement in my water jug so not sure if he knows about him.

Cristy

Just wanted to let everyone know that i called apet store and they advised letting the toad go back into the wild. Theythought it would most likely not live. My son was pretty upset and evenasked can we keep it till it dies. I had to tell him lets not keep sohe will live.

We did clean out a tank and if he shows he can help more with houseworkand learn about toads from reading we will buy him one in a fewweeks. That way it gives him time to learn time to reallymake a commitment to wanting to earn his pet.

Update on my cat Tigger. She is doing good. Don't quite seem the say.the vet put her on a high calorie high energy canned food and shemeow's at me to eat even though dry stuff is there. So i think theyspoiled my kitty. Now instead of sleeping annoying the dog. She sleepswith me. I am glad to have her home but giving a kittymedicene isnt what i call fun :)

Cristy

Latest posts

Back