Off to rescue another bun :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonaxis

Reaction score
Be leaving shortly to go get "bunny".
I told JimD all about it so will just copy and paste that PM.

Also these people are very unfriendly!!

"May be getting another bun, this is NOT good as really can only handle two but will see what I can do!! Some fools down the road advertised their bun plus cage for free and so naturally I had to have a nosy! Poor thing, its gone bllind in one eye and so I said I would take it next week....man not sure how I can but I refuse to leave him there!

These people HAVE A STUNNING HOUSE with EVERYTHING they could want but their little bun has not been to see a vet in the 4 years they have had him!!:X

I was so angry!:grumpy:
Idiots...3 cars, a pool, flash bikes, rich kids and "Bunny" locked away like he no-ones problem."

Well you know it wasn't as bad as first it seemed, they handed him over, didn't look back and now "bunny" is with me.
He is terribly nervous and squeaks pathetically if I try handle him. I want to take a pic soon and post that up for all to see :)

He has horrible teeth but not bad enough to cause pain I suppose (hard to know).
He is very rigid, maybe because he is so nervous. I am used to minlops so he is larger and quite heavy. Have no idea what kinda bun he is.
His eye looks quite nasty, really all clouded over with lots of skin grown over it, will try take pic.

I am going to NEED to get some help from RO to take good care of this little one.
He is 4 years old, have never seen another bun or the outside of his hutch!! I know, hard to believe isn't it?

Off to get my camera.

Hope photobucket is behaving ;)

Not sure what I will call him but it might stay as bunny for now...he might be used to that too.

Shame, he can't stand being handled but is still friendly ina way. Like he does not look like he wants to bite me.

BK is going nuts, "Bunny" is still in a cat cage because he looks happy just checking out the lounge. BK has been charging the cage and being super aggressive!!:X
Not BK's fault, he's being territorial which is why those 2 WILL not meet face to face, possibly ever.

"Bunny" will go outside into a large run, have vet care and then be hopefully rehomed.

"Bunny" is too big and heavy to try ever bond with my two because if a fight broke out, my minilops, I guess, would have no chance.:?

FYI

The PREVIEW function on RO is not displaying pics so here's a couple of pics of my new FOSTER bun anyway!

DSCF4671.jpg

His "blind" eye:(:shock:
DSCF4675.jpg

That was good of you to take him on! He looks like a Californian from the pictures- but it's hard to get a feel for his size. That eye looks pretty irritated. Maybe you could try putting some warm tea compresses on it to reduce swelling until you can get the bunny in to a vets. I've used them on myself- they are very soothing.

You are so awesome for doing this. :)I agree with Clarzoo that he looks like a possible californian, I love that himilayan coloring.

His eye looks pretty angry (irritated), are you planning on bringing him to a vet? They could probably give you some good eyedrops to help with it.

What a wonderful thing for you to do!!!!:hug:

I feel really bad for bunny. It's very ridiculous that those awful people just stuck him outside and gave him no attention. Very sad. Thank you for rescuing him. I look forward to hearing how he's doing. You're sure it's a "he"?;)

I had a white Flemish that had an eye do that once. I used terramyicin (I think that's the name?) eye ointment on it, and that cleared it up. In other words, hopefully jsut an infection that should be fairly easy to take care of. Should take him to the vetto make sure, though.

Wow cool thanks, RO is definately the place to be when you need some support!!:thanks:

I will DEFINATELY be taking Bunny to the vet asap.
There is no way I can handle his eye problem on my own from home. All I have is an eye ointment and tea compresses (Red Bush Tea and Chamomile).

I am not sure "if he is a he" but from the reaction from BK and also, just my own intuition, I am thinking male.

He will need to be fixed too I guess.

He has a strange personality, friendlyish but very stubborn. He roots himself to the spot if I need to move him and he kind of gives me this look...hard to describe.:shock:

I think he is thrilled to be out of his cage but he just seems so stoic and non-chalant really.
Very cute and most definately arrogant!!!!!!:waiting:

Well he's a first of a kind for me, just been minilops so far and he's kinda interesting in that way.

Will try post up some better pics today or tomorrow :D

well lol, here I am back in the infirmary, maybe I just never left....lol
One sick bun after another....:caffeine

lemonaxis wrote:
Be leaving shortly to go get "bunny".
I told JimD all about it so will just copy and paste that PM.

Can I keep a secret or what!!??:biggrin2:

Sending prayers and good thoughts that things go smoothly from here on.

lol...you sure can JimD :)

Bunny has been getting some tretment for his eye but will he ever have his sight back in it? Only time will tell.

he will need to get fixed and to be honest I am not sure if I can rehome him. He is gettign on a bit age wise, is not particularly cuddly and is rather set in his ways...kind of oblivious to people and not really the type to be lovable or even aware really of much.

To tellthe truth I am becoming a bit attached to the old fellow and might have to have a big think about actually keeping him.

Latest posts

Back