Of your rabbits, which has affected you the most

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flash has affected me the most. He was my soulmate. My first ever friend who wanted me for me. He is the reason I am alive, but also the reason I walked close todeath's door. I've never come across someone who wanted me for me, and would be there in the good times and the bad times. He truly was my soul.

Having said that, Sky is my heart. He kept me going when I had been left by Flash and Moon. Badger reminded me of what happiness is, not in me, but in how he is with all the running and binkying and everything about him, he also reminded me that I was wanted. The Dinkies and Sandyreminded me that there was hope, you just have to keep looking for it.

Flash affected me the most, but the others have also affected me, just not to the same degree.

This is a GOOD topic.

I must say Buttercup, he is our first Bunny. We knew nothing about owing Bunnies. He taught us alot.

Buttercup is the most loving Bunny I have ever come across, it's because of him that we got the others. He will come when he is called, he knows when you are having a bad day and will do something to make us laugh. He gives kisses like theirs no tomorrow. Out of the 6 Bunnies we have he is the only one that kisses.

He comes to the door when we come home, I will say to him daddy's home and he gets really excited. He lets us dress him up for all occasions ie: Xmas pictures, Easter pictures and will just sit there until we've taken his picture.

I love all our Bunnies and am so glad we have them all as they truly are unique in personalities. They all give us joy in different ways.

Susan :apollo:

I know this sounds stupid...but out of eleven buns...they each effect me the same as far as how much I love them and how much losing them would hurt.

Maisie is my princess, and has bonded CLOSELY with me. She was my first and has the honor of the title of "The Bun That Started It All". I just love her beautiful fur and the sweet look she gives me when I come near.

Flower is my little rescue sweetheart...and I take special precautions to make sure she and Fiver both have an excellent life. Not that I don't do that for the others, but somehow with those two, it's a little different.

Trixie is my little loppy sweetie...and stole my heart LONG ago...when I first saw her picture in Denise's avatar. She's got those gorgeous ears that make her look like a beautiful lady with long raven hair.

SweetPea has those beautiful blue eyes, and has stolen both mine and Danny's hearts...and I think it's really neat that she lived in Long Beach, which is the city I lived in for a long time and have fond memories of. We call her our dancing bunny, because she does this little figure eight dance whenever we come around her cage.

Fiver is my first little boy (well, the first to actually step through our front door), and my supreme Cuddlebug. His snuggliness has opened doors for me to have the guts to try snuggletime with the others. He was also my first transport bunny.

My Drew was special...my first lionhead girl...the one that started my love for the breed...and had a life that was so amazing. She had a spirit as yet unmatched by other buns.

Harley has that adorable ear...I just love that ear! And his fur has some AMAZING color contrast. That combined with being Miss Bea's grandson (and having all of that Miss Bea attitude) makes this boy so special!

Dusty...well, he's just adorable, and Peg tells me he's decided he's the big brother to Bun Bun. I think that's so sweet. Peg also tells me he's a bit of a chatterer when someone's nearby his cage...hehe!

Bun Bun is sweet and just loves attention...and loves his brother. And he's Em's first bunny...she's so excited that he's gonna come home soon!! :D

Velveteen is my first mini-rex, and bonded with me instantly, and has a wonderful memory. He remembered me from two weeks prior to having seen him...and bounded over to spend time with me. He bounded directly to me, and I could tell he remembered me! And that fur...*sigh* :)

Cuddles is special because of her bond with Emily...same kind of bond Velveteen has with me.

And Teeny...well, he's my first Flemish Giant...and that's special all by itself. That's not even mentioning his coloring, which is unique. He's a golden fawn bun, and has blue accents and ticking and undercoat in his fur. He fell asleep in my arms when I held him the other day (Saturday).

And ya know...they're each so special to me. Something I mentioned to a friend recently...it doesn't matter how many animals you come across...they each have such a unique personality and their own little ways of doing things. It's really amazing!

I know some think I'm crazy for having 13 animals, but I tell ya...they're such an amazing joy in my life. I would be so sad without them.

Hugs to all!

Rosie*

Dido was my heart bunny he was my first bun and was the world to me. I loved everything about him and i still hate that he is gone. He is what gave me my love of rabbits!!

Alfie and Evie are my quiet buns and hold a special place in my heart as does LillyBill for the fact he is a complete and utter nutter !!! Sunbunny is my little cuddler.

For Bruce Ami was his heart bunny and his first ever rabbit. Then Floyd and now Dennis. He always has a soft spot for the runts of the litter but he is amazing with all our bunnies:D

We both love them all :)

I would have to say Bunbun. Like a lot of other people, the first bunny is always a learning experience, and I always felt bad that he had to be the one to deal with all the lack of experience in the beginning. He is also the one who had a bout with GI stasis and it was that event that made me realize how special he is and how much he wanted keep on living. It's sad how things like this make us realized how special loved ones are to us.

Bunbun has taught me a lot too, and I just want to give him the best life he can have cause he has given me so much too.

love, Kat.

There have been several buns that have touched me in a special way.

The first one was Peter. My mom bought him for an Easter present for me when I was 4 years old. We went through a large learning curve, and looking back I know we did everything absolutely wrong. But he was a friendly cuddly boy, gave kisses on demand and would snuggle with me for as long as I wanted.

The second would have to be Wildfire. I think I bonded with her in such a way that was so wonderful, I doubt I'll feel that again with any other animal. She loved me and trusted me. She would snuggle with me and could tell when I was needing some love. She was so motherly, and I love watching her look after her "boys" (Zeke and Baxter), and it kills me to know she only had 6 months with them. I miss her everyday.

The third would have to be a tie between Baxter and Zeke.

Zeke is insanely in love with me, he won't stop grooming me and won't leave me alone if I'm in the same room as him. But at the same time he'll also melt for me and let me give him a full bunny massage, which he won't do for anyone else. As friendly and outgoing as he is with strangers, he knows who his mommy is and always treats me different.

Baxter is just a big love muffin. He'll follow you (anyone!) around and push his head into you till you pet him. I've caught him asleep half in the litter box with his head pushed up against Zeke while Zeke was happily munching on hay. Baxter goes nuts for treats and he will do just about anything for them. He's also very noisy and the comfier he gets, the louder his snoring gets.

Now that doesn't mean that any of the other buns I've had I don't love. I love them all very much (Nutmeg, Vanilla, Sugar, Sekura), but I don't seem to have that heart-to-heart bond with them.

--Dawn

Clover has affected me by just being alive. With the injuries, her age, and the abcess she had and we didn't know - I sometimes think she's a little miracle.

BUT... Bo is my boy. My first bunny (I really don't remember the ones we had when I was a kid) and he stole my heart. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him.

He gets by with all sorts of stuff because I love him. He makes me laugh and smile.

Just like Sooska's Buttercup.

Pebbles is my first bunny and my first pet. Through all the pictures of her, she is a hard act to follow. No bunny will replace her. I guess the first cut is always the deepest.

However I love Bebe too.When I was lookingat gettinga bunny, I wanted to get a lop. If I had to choose between the two, the decision will be very difficult.

I've only had two rabbits. Well, three if you count the holland lop that lived with us for less than a day shortly after we got Cinnabun. Because of this, it's a lot harder to pick one... but I'd have to say Cinnabun, if only because I had him for so much longer than I've had Rory. Cinnabun was my first pet and I'd been wanting a pet since before I could walk. He also introduced me to bunnies and I feel very guilty now about some of the things he endured in the name of ignorance (for example, wire bottom cage for the first 5 years and for the most part a hay only plus treats diet- thank you for your faulty information, Mr. Veterinarian). He started out as a very scared little baby but became a mischevous, loving little sweetie. My early teen years were difficult and it was nice having a little someone who always loved you.

I still think about Cinny a lot and he's been gone for 5 years. Just last night I dreamed that I was somewhere with him and I couldn't find him and they told me they'd let him outside to play. I looked and he was on the edge of a huge forest about a quarter of a mile away! I was terrified I was going to lose him, but when I hurried outside and approached him, he ran as fast as he could and leapt into my arms.

When I was 12 and having such a rough time, I dreamed I was walking on the beach and saw him standing at the edge of the water. Right then, a wave overtook him and dragged him out to sea. I immediately ran into the water after him, but he was always just out of reach. My fingers would graze his fur and he was drowning, but I couldn't get him. It became night and his eyes started glowing and he drowned. Very upsetting!

Also, I know this sounds funny, but Cinnabun is one of the reasons I ended up wanting to be in a fire department. The whole time we had him, every few months I would dream of some situation in which our house was on fire and the only way he would survive is if I could muster the courage to go to him and save him (his cage was in a different part of the house). Sometimes I was brave and did it, sometimes I couldn't even if I tried and he died, and sometimes I forgot about him only to remember after the fire. Usually he didn't survive. The dreams were always disturbing and in some way, my dream self so often going into fires for years kind of gave me the courage to do it in real life as a firefighter. I've never told anyone that (and it's not the only reason I'm joining the FD) because they'd think I was nuts! Oh and I had this dream one last time shortly after he died. In the dream, he had died in the fire and I woke up crying, but then felt huge relief when I remembered he was already dead and a fire couldn't hurt him now. Sounds weird, but I was glad he had died peacefully in my arms and not terrified in a fire.

Also, the fire dream actually almost came true once. When I was 13, I was cleaning my room and had brought Cinnabun up to keep me company. I was about to leave my room for a bit to put some stuff away in the bathroom, and my bedroom was bunny proofed, so I was just going to leave him there. I would have shut the door so he didn't leave and he would have ended up exploring all the stuff under the bed like he usually did. Luckily, my mom saw him as I was leaving and made me put him back in his cage, so I left my bedroom door open as I went about my business in other parts of the house. I had a candle lit and after I'd left the room, it fell over and caught a blanket on fire. Rather quickly, the smoke detector in the hallway went off and I was able to extinguish the fire, though it burned the desk, trash can and the carpet was aflame a bit. However, if I had left Cinny in the room, it would have been much different. The door would have been closed and it would have taken MUCH longer for the smoke to snake it's way under the door to set off the alarm in the hallway. By the time it set the alarm off, the room would likely have been very much in flames, with Cinnabun cowering under the bed surrounded by junk. The carpet probably would have been on fire big time and Cinnabun probably would have died. My cockatiels who were also in the room would have died, too. Thank goodness for disaster diverted, that experience made me feel guilty for a really long time and even now I don't use candles!

Sorry this is so long! It explains some how special Cinny was and continues to be to me. I wish he were still here!

Back