odor control

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdrifter440

Reaction score
We have had our buns for about 6 months now.There use to be no odor in the litter pan for like 3-4 days. Noweverytime she goes pee pee it smells like death in the whole house. Weadd a little baking soda to the bottom of the pan what else can we doto control the stink????????????

ps. the baking soda is no longer helping the smell

What kind of litter are you using?
&
Are the buns fixed?

~Jim

You could try putting a little vanilla (just a few drops should do) into her drinking water and see if that helps.

What sort of food are you feeding her? I have never noticed much of anodor with my rabbits unless it is coming from scent glads or the poop.

The vet wont fix her he said shes to young

We put bedding material in the litter box...

she eatspellet and wegivegreens

kdrifter440 wrote:
We put bedding material in the litter box...

You might consider switchingto a wood pellet type litter.
There are several different brands out there.

I use Woody Pet and consider it absolutely the best for cost,controlling odor, and absorbsion capabilities. I've used most of theother products out there, too.

Here's a link that list some of the different brands...
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15881&forum_id=1&jump_to=227039#p227039

~Jim

I have it handy in a spray bottle where I havesome vinegar mixed with water. Then everytime I'm cleaning boxes I justspray a bit on the bottem, rinse,then wipe it clean. I'd alsotry cleaning the litter box daily, this helps to cut down on the smell:). Wood pellets help a ton with odor.

Vinegar is great for getting rid of residualsmells or urine stains. You can just wipe it on with a papertowel. I dilute it with water and put it in a spray bottle.

Wood pellet litter is the best stuff I've found for controlinglitterbox odor. Ever. I've used several brandsrecycled paper stuff which works but not as well, and wood shavingsdon't work at all.

How old does your vet say the rabbit needs to be? Usuallythey prefer to do it at 6 months of age. Is that the onlyrabbit vet in your area? Spay/neuter usually helps a lotbecause they don't mark their territory or use their anal scent glandsas much.

Latest posts

Back