Odd issue with bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyrelle

Reaction score
Hey all! I have a 2 and 1/2 months old bunny. He lives in a cage in my living room. I usually let him out for about 6-8 hours a day and lay towels to cover the tiled floor so that he can run around. Recently I just discovered that whenever human feet are spread apart and planted on his towels, he runs around them really fast, using them as an obstacle course! That's cute right? Well yes, except he poops between his darting around! At first I thought he was already potty trained as he doesn't poop (much) or pee (ever) on the towels but I guess I was wrong. Does this sound odd to any experienced bunny care takers?

LOL! My guess is that it means he's not neutered, he's getting hormonal and he's claiming you as his.

Bunnies go through a bit of a 'teen terror' period, he'll probably get worse before he gets better in terms of the circling, pooping, etc.

He'll be a sweet little boy again after he's neutered (your best bet) or grows out of it.

sas :bunnydance:

Well actually, I'm not sure if it's male or female yet - it doesn't let me check! My bf and I are used to calling it a "he" though, sorry about that little misleading bit. Also, his "play area" is pretty big. In fact it takes up roughly than 30 square feet.

And gah, just now he jumped on my sofa and PEED! He did not use to be big/long enough to jump on it until a few minutes ago ):

You'll find similar behaviour if he's a girl, but the circling is more often a male thing. If she's a girl, she'll probably be worse re: being territorial and peeing on the bed, etc. Trust me, this is why so many young bunnies end up being dumped. But it you tough it out for a month or two (or three), and get her spayed, s/he'll go back to being a sweet and cuddly litter-trained bunny. (Ditto with the non-spayed bunnies, but it takes a lot longer).

And bunnies aren't all that secure on a tiled floor. If you want to see bunny runs and happy bunny 'binkies' (jumps and twists), they do that on carpet or mats (or beds or couches).

It'll be great if Albie is really a boy, we've gotten used to referring it as a "he". And yes, I understand they don't like the tiled floor - the towels are big enough to overlap and cover his play area, don't worry :)

Another question if you don't mind answering, if you know it... would you know what is the breed of my rabbit? I have a picture of him here on my deviantart page:

http://e-suna.deviantart.com/art/Albie-Einstein-115827193
(I think it's a mix because it's siblings look different - they have no fuzzy mane around their heads.)

I don't know what the rules are like asking for people to ID rabbit breeds, so I don't know if it's ok to even make a whole thread about it. :nerves1

Thanks for your help!

Yup, we welcome 'what breed is my bunny' threads in the Rabbitry. :) Those are the people who know best.

I'm not an expert, but he looks like a Lionhead to me. :) Depends on his size and weight.

Wotta cutie!!! :love:

Ah, so there IS a thread devoted to it. Thanks a whole bunch!

I suspected he's a lionhead too but since his mane hasn't grown out (yet), I couldn't be sure. *Scrambles to the Rabbitry*

Latest posts

Back