O/T What's your favorite part of the winter season?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u8myhouse

Reaction score
Bella & Onzlo's Bedroom, New Hampshire, USA
I've seen a bunch of posts asking people aboutmore specific things, but I wanted to know that completely unrelatedthings that you all like that won't show up in any of the other posts...

Anyway, my favorite thing about winter is that I get to have egg nog. Iknow you can buy it year round, but there's something about it when itgets cold and snowy that makes it the greatest stuff. :)

~Christine~

There are no redeeming qualities to winter...

um.....I like Christmas music....and my birthday/New Year's Eve party :)

I love everything about the winter season. I loveit when it is a really frosty morning, everything is white withfrost,but the sun is out, it is a really crisp day and we arewrapped up with our hats, scarfs and gloves on. We then come inside toa lovely warm fire and take our socks off, put the Christmas lights onand look forward to everybody being together on Christmas day! Ahbliss...

Vickie

Big Nor'easter, snowed in, something wonderful cooking for dinner,rabbits running around, watching the New England Patriots beat a teamin a snow game on a Saturday night in the playoffs. That's my favoritepart of winter.

:)

That's Livin!!

-Carolyn

My favorite thing is the perfect Christmas Eve.Sitting around a lit tree when it's dark, lightly snowing with bigsnowflakes outside, and we're all inside nice and warm singingChristmas carols in both German and English.

I love Christmas and watching my family openpresents. Especially my two youngest brothers who are 3 and 6. Theywould love anything you give them, and they make it known that they arehappy. ^^ I am happy if everyone else is.

Other than that.. I hate winter, lol.

~Nichole

My absolute favorite part of winter is when it isover;) I hate the cold!!! Goodness only knows why Ilive in WI!!! Actually I do love a good snow day when all theschools are closed and it is too snowy for hubby to travel into workand I know all my friends and family are safe and tucked inside thierhouses. Then I love to have hot chocolate, pop in a movie andlight up the Christmas tree( if its Christmas time!) I alsolove going to the nearest farm and taking a sleigh ride! butmostly I don't like winter!! Tracy

I love snow, its the most amazing and beautiful thing. I love making stuff out of snow.
My family also likes to walk barefoot on the snow.:)

I like the late night snow falls. I stand by thekitchen sink and turn on the outside light and just watch the snowfall. I could handle having powder snow all year!

I wish there was a way to let all the snow stay on the grass. They needto have some kind of thing on the roadways that makes them warm all thetime! That way when snow or rain hits them we don't get nasty roadways.There are way too many car fatalities in this area. We are out in thecountry so all the roads drift. Its pretty seeing the snow blowingacross the road from a house window however not while out on the roads.I also like seeing snowglimering on a sunny day and all thesparkles.We used tonot allow anyone to walk in thebackyard during the snow season. That way we get a good glance atthewonderful snow live. However, being the rabbit breeder Iam, I decided to move my rabbits tosmall shed customized justfor them. Sonow I have to go out in the backyard (which isn'tbig) to feed daily and water twice a day.

I'm sure glad I didn't have to drive on the roadways in Alaska! Myparents had to do that as I was young then. LOL! I sure remember lotsof stories and remember things happening. I remember crying one daybecause I was on the porch on our army housings. Theres a lot of strongwind and out parking lot was total ice. Well dad went to get somethingoutta the car and a big gust of wind came and he went for a wee rideacross the ice for quite a while till he got stopped by a snow drift!He said now that it was a neat experience getting blown across wavingat neighbors cause he couldn't stop!

~*~Amanda~*~

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

I love the winter.A really big snowfall of good packin'stuff. Making snow sculptures is a passion of mine. Everytime it snows,my neighbor askes me what I'm gonna make.

I've made The Little Mermaid, Mickey Mouse, Simba the Lion, Free Willy,Hercules, the Lock Ness Monter, a Great White Shark (tough to do anyother color;)), Cinderella's Castle, , the Sphinx, a giant Peace sign,and an Indian in a conoe, And those are the only one's I can rememberright now. I like to make them life-size or bigger-than-life (exceptthe Castle and the Sphinx).

I even go in the back yard and bring snow from there, if I don't have enough:D. Keeps me busy anyway.

If I can find the pics, I'll try to post them.

Jim

My favorite part is that all the bugs are dead..... well most of the bugs, some of the bugs around here missed the memo.

Megan

I love Christmas, New Year's eve, opening presents, snow (even thoughthere isn't snow in Florida:p), hot chocolate, snuggling in front of afire place all snug and comfy on a cold night (even though I don't havea fire place, but I've been to people's houses that have fireplaces),listening to Christmas music, new clothes for winter!, But mostimportant being with my family:D. Its just such a happy month withChristmas coming:).

Back