O/T Wet Tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rowan wrote:
I'm praying Athena makes it. Does Minnie still have it or did she get better?

Love

Kate
Hi Kate,

Sadly, Minnie crossed the Bridge at the end of this past October. Wedidn't catch it in time and didn't have the knowledge that we now have.

Jim

I'm so sad to hear that.Athena'ssurrounded by so much love and with you and Danielle having moreknowledge about it this time I'm really praying she makes it through.

Love

Kate

Here's our sweety Athena. Danielle took this pic a while ago when she was healthier...look at that chubbie tummie :(

tina1a.jpg

Oh, I hope she gets better! I thought I was the only one who frets over the tiniest animals being ill.

When Our Tarzan (hammie) got old and passed a few years ago, I remembersitting and holding him in a towel and crying for such a long time ashe was leaving. :(

Keep us posted on your girl!

I had hamsters when I was younger...James Deanwas my favorite, they are quite endearing little creatures. I love whenthey stuff their cheek pouches with food it is so adorable. I amkeeping my fingers crossed that your little one will pull through. Withthe knowledge you now have I am sure her chances of recovery are a lothigher. Keep us posted.

Fergi's mom

These are some picture of tiners that i justtook... shes really cold and all hunched over. i feel really bad forher, im the only one she will let pick her up. i duno why but itsweird. shes really cold and everything im thining about giving her someextra wood chips

Oh the poor little baby. I hate tothink ofanimals poorly, I really hope she makes it!

I agree about getting upset about hamsters. When each of mine died Iwas devastated. It tookages to get over. They are such littlecharacters no matter how Small they are and you can get just asattached as with adog or cat. I remember my Mum paying about£50 on a vet bill when my first hamster Honey got a tumor in his eye.The vet removed it, but unfortunatelyhe lost his eye too. Helived on for another year after that though happily, until the tumorreturned and we lost him. He was three, so I don't think he would havemade surgery again, the vet said it was risky on such a small animalanyway not taking into account his age.

Give that little hammie a big cuddle from me!

Vickie

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
These are some picture of tiners that i just took... shesreally cold and all hunched over. i feel really bad for her, im theonly one she will let pick her up. i duno why but its weird. shesreally cold and everything im thining about giving her some extra woodchips
She's so cute, how old is she?

ok so shes not getting any better- as a matter offact shes gotten worse! I put on a glove and took her out to put someof the drytail on her paws and mussle... i put her down and just lookedat my dad and said "no shes covered in blood" shes eatting alittle and luckly she puts her food under he water bottle sothe water drips on the food and thats giving her a little meds. gosh- ihate this

Have you been able to get some Pedialyte into her? Juice?

no but she was out of her house lastnight i was so happy becuase she started licking thedropper!!! she drank about 4 or 5 drops (its marked on the dropper) andthan today she drank another 3-4 drops!! Im so happy. hopefully thiswill help!!

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
no but she was out of her house last night i wasso happy becuase she started licking the dropper!!! she drank about 4or 5 drops (its marked on the dropper) and than today she drank another3-4 drops!! Im so happy. hopefully this will help!!

Is is promising, a very good sign! Fingers crossed for you!

Vickie

I check this post every time I come on to see howAthina's doing. I'm really glad she's started drinking a bit, stillpraying for you and hoping she makes it through.

Love

Kate

Athena seems to be holding her own for now.Idon't think she's gotten any worse, but it's hard to tell if she'smaking any improvement. We're keeping her comfortable and will continuemeds. She is eating and drinking a little on her own. Fingers crossed.

Will keep you updated.

Latest posts

Back