O/T Use of floppy disks..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midori-Chan

Reaction score
Okay, well, this is completely off-topic butsince I know the people here are not only very helpful, but smart aswell, I figured I would ask here..

Now, I don't know if something is wrong with my computer or something, but anyway:

How do you use a floppy disk? A friend told me to open 'My Computer.'then insert the disk, and then click on it when it appeared (orsomething to that affect) and drag my documents into it but I seenothing popping up. I insert it, it does nothing, I go to 'My Computer'but I can't find where I could possibly drag my documents to.

I'm so confused. I understand directions well, so if someone couldpossibly give me a website that explains step by step or if someonecould post a step by step thing for me? Please, I'm really desperate.My computer is very close to going down and I don't want to lose all mypoetry and writing.. This is really important to me.

Thank you so much!

Normally your floppy drive would be listed asdrive A. Nothings going to "pop up"...but if you put thefloppy in the drive, you should be able to double click and openit...then copy things into it from there.

When a cd is inserted, normally something appears, but not on a floppy drive.

Hope that helps.

Yes, well, I forgot to mention I don't have an Adrive? I'm looking, but I only have C, D etc. No A anywhere. That'spartially why I'm so miffed over this.

If you have a floppy drive, (and its hooked up)it should have a picture of a lil floppy when you open it in mycomputer...it COULD be called something else...but usually its A....Itspossible the drive is there, and not hooked up inside the case, or itcould have gone bad....

C is gonna be the hard drive, d is most likely a cdrom of somesort....unless you have multiple hard drives...then those will usuallybe c, d....and then the cd rom will be whatevers right after those.

Well, its really hard to say...but if there'sone in there, you could pop the case and see if you see anydisconnected cables....it may be daisy chained to the cd-rom drive, orit could be directly wired to the board, but its hard to say forsure...it will hopefully be fairly obvious.....the type of connector ittakes (ribbon cable) is used on all the drives, but if just one isunplugged, it'll be obvious. Could be that the power isdisconnected as well, floppy drives have very different power cablesthat the rest of the drives.

First thing, do you even have a place to put a floppy disk in...I'm getting the impression you don't.

If not, I'd suggest a cd burner if you don't already have ones, floppys are very outdated and don't hold much data.

Latest posts

Back