O/T SweetPeasDaddy's mom needs prayer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPeasMommie

Reaction score
My husband DJ (SweetPeasDaddy)'s mother has been very sick since June.

Let me go to the begining so you can understand what I mean.

Last year DJ's mom was diagnosed with bladder cancer. They removed herbladder, full hystorestomy, and 2 thyroid glads I believe. She wentinto remission. This June she was taken to ERforurinary/bowel infection. They kept her in the hospital forabout a week or so. She came home for 2 days then taken back into thehospital with a blood clot in her right leg. So she was in for aboutanother week and they did all kinds of testing to find out what wascausing all of this. they found nothing. She came home for about 4 daysthen taken back to the hospital with another blood clot but in her leftleg. This blood clot was so bad that she had cellulitis ontop of thattoo. They did testing again they found cancer in her lungs and lympnodes.

So they said that it is small and the chemo will put her in remission.She finally came home with bad pains in her legs and her back startedas well. She went back in to the er for her back. They said that shehas styatic nerve in her back and a bulging disk. They did more test onher again.

They found a tumor in her back I believe that is what I heard. So shestarted chemo and they did radiation for her back to help the pain. Nowtonight we get a phone call the her cancer is growing and they thinkthat it may not put her in remisson. Right now the doctors told her tokeep comfortable and they will do the best they can for her.

DJ is taking it really bad because she is his mentor, releive when heneeds someone to talk to about stress or more. We have been helpingthem and his grandmother who lives with his parents since his mom wassick. We have non stop moving since that day she went into thehospital. We cut grass and do everything that his parents needs becausehis dad has had bad back for years and can not do much with it. It hasbeen very stressfull for us both and them.

Can you please pray for his mom, dad and for him as well. His mom'sname is Shirley, dad's name is Don. I know that his dad willneed it alot as well because she is everything to him. Without her forhim he will be lost. He needs prayer in strength and peace with hiswife Shirley.

God Bless

Angel and SweetPea :pray:

DJ you are my everything YOu know that I love you very much and I will be there for you through and through. :kiss:

I will have more info once DJ and I talk. I will have him post the rest when he is done.

I sure hope so too. Her and I are really closeand we have alot in common. I have known her for 5 yrs now and I wish Iknew her alot longer. She is a wonderful lady and a sweetheart. Shehelped me out alot with my situation I had with my family, weddings, ifI needed advice I can call on her, and she was my shoulder to cry on.It is hard for me to hear that she has to have it and I am still inshock for all of it too. I know what it is like for some one to havecancer. I have been through it with my sister as well and all I can dofor my mom ( I call her that) is to keep her comfortable and company.

I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer isspreading. It's so very difficult to have a sickparent. My father suffered a long illness before he passedaway almost 6 years ago. I will be praying for yourfamily. If you need anything, you have my number.

Jen

Instead of me retyping all of this, I am justgoing to edit Angel's post toclarify things a little better.Thanks for understanding.

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
My husband DJ (SweetPeasDaddy)'s mother has been very sick since June.

Let me go to the begining so you can understand what I mean.

Last year DJ's mom was diagnosed with bladder cancer. They removed herbladder, full hystorestomy, and some lymph nodes I believe. She wentinto remission. This June she was taken to ERforurinary/bowel infection called C-DEF. It can only bekilled by two or three types of meds. These meds really woreher immune system down. As a result, any cancer cells thatwere left over from her bladder cancer were now able to take root. Theykept her in the hospital for about a week and a half. She came home for2 days then taken back into the hospital with a blood clot in her rightleg. She was in for about another week and they did all kinds oftesting to find out what was causing all of this. They found nothing.She came home for about 4 days then was taken back to the hospital withanother blood clot, but this time in her left leg. This blood clot wasso bad that she had to stay in the hospital for a week and ahlaf. Cellulitis had developed on top of that area that theblood clot was at. They did testing again they found cancerin each of her lungs and lymp nodes in her abdominal region.

So they said that they caught it early enough that they thought theycould get it in to remission with chemotherapy. She finallycame home with bad pains in her legs and her back started aswell. She went back in to theE Rfor herback. They said that she has three bulging discs and stenosis of thespine. The stenosis was swelling up and putting a lot ofpressure on her sciatica nerve.
They found an area in herspine wherecancer hasstarted. So she started chemo and has been on it for aboutthree weeks now.They started her on radiation onFriday for her back to help the pain. Today when she went back in forher next radiation treatment, she was complaining about massive chestpains so they did some more tests on her. Now tonight we geta phone call that the chemo has not done anything tohercancer and it is still growing and they told her that they can not getit into remission. Right now the doctors told herthat thebest they can do for heris to keep her comfortable. They arestill going to do the chemo, but now they are going to put her on thestrongest chemo they have.

DJ is taking it really bad because she is his mentor, relief when heneeds someone to talk to about stress or more. We have been helpingthem and his grandmother who lives with his parents since his mom wassick, (actually before she was sick).We have not stoppedmoving since that day she went into the hospital. Wehave ourown lawn care companyand do everything that his parents needbecause his dad has had a bad back for years and can not do much withit. He has ruptured discs and bulging disc in addition to advancedarthritis all through his body. It has been very stressfulfor us both and them.

Can you please pray for his mom, dad and for him as well. His mom'sname is Shirley, Dad's name is Don. I know that his dadwillneed it alot as well because she is everything to him.Without her, he will be lost. He needs prayer in strength and peacewith his wife Shirley.
Itruly feel that without my Mom, my Dad will lose his will tolive. I am really scared not just for losing my mom, but thatI might lose my Dad as well. THey are everything to me and Iam nothing without them. Outside of Angel, they are all Ihave.

God Bless

Angel and SweetPea :pray:

DJ you are my everything YOu know that I love you very much and I will be there for you through and through. :kiss:

I will have more info once DJ and I talk. I will have him post the rest when he is done.
Angel honey, you know I love you and you have been my backbone when Ihave none. You are the best part of me. I love you.

D.J.

en-ani-candle.gif
DJ, Angel , I will Light a Healing Candlefor all of you ., Your in myprayers and thoughts .

gypsy wrote:
en-ani-candle.gif
DJ, Angel , I will Light a Healing Candlefor all of you ., Your in myprayers and thoughts .
Thank you Gypsy. Just put tears in my eyes. I just don't know what I amgonna do right now but be strong for DJ cause he is doing majority ofthe work to help his parents than me. I will be getting a part time jobso he can be on call 24/7 and they will need him the most.

:kiss:

gypsy wrote:
en-ani-candle.gif
Thank you Gypsy. It makes me feel good. GodBless. (We certainly need all the healing that we can get.)

This morning DJ woke me up at 9:45am. I camerunning out of the bed room cause I knew it would be the test resultsfor his mom. He did not look good. His mom has cancer all over her inher brain, lungs, heart, ect. The doctor said a pretty short time forher and if her heart stops they will not do cpr.

Right now I just don't know what to think at all and my IBS is reallyacting up. I am feeling so sick and nausiated. I just don't what to doright now but stare.

DJ and I need prayers to stay strong for this especially DJ cause he is going to loose his mom in the matter of time.

Thanks

Angel and DJ

Latest posts

Back