O/T - Reailty TV show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMom

Reaction score
You know how if you want to do something and youtell a bunch of people, you're more committed to doing it? Yeah. So I'mtelling you guys.

They're having an open casting call for season 2 of Project Runway (theshow with the designers where the winner gets funding for their ownline) here in the city on Monday. I happen to have off that day forPassover, so I'm going to go. I am SO nervous!

I have to spruce up my portfolio - I have to bring that plus threegarments of my own creation. So I'll be pretty busy (and probablypretty scarce) til then. At least I don't have to make the garments, asI have enough projects from school that I can pick through. I'm alsothinking of going to my mom's to get my wedding dress - I not onlydesigned it, but I have a patent on the design. Most of my other stuffis more casual, sportswear type of stuff, so I thought this would showsome diversity.

I'm also getting my hair done on Sunday (fortunately my best friend isalso my hairdresser!) - my color usually looks pretty outrageous rightafter I get it done - Bright red on top with blonde highlights andblack underneath. I think that might be a plus in this case. More artsy.

I went to Parsons School of Design (where they film the show) and I wasa designer, but I've been a Tech for the last four years. I'm alsoolder (40) but I'm hoping that will work to my advantage, since most ofthe other applicants will probably be right out of school.

I don't know if I'll get picked. But I do know I'll kick myself if I don't at least try.
:)

KNOCK EM DEAD !!!!you can do it , wehave faith in you hon , HEY! 40isnt old lolim 47 i think .

Good luck!!! I think it's wonderful that you're doing something like this. Let us know how it goes.

Also, it's really awesome that you have a patent on a design! :)

I'm back!

This has been an exhausting week!:? Went to the Yankees game Fridaynight - bus home was running late, so I got to bed around 3. Got upearly to go to Connecticut for Passover w/Scott's family. Droppedcousin Norman off in Brooklyn on the way home - got to bed around 6am.Got up early Sunday to go to PA to get my hair done and pick up somestuff @ my mom's house. I got about half an hour of sleep on the wayhome while Scott drove.

Got home Sunday night and went right to work on my portfolio. Workedtil 6am. I figured I could sleep on the bus on the way in. I packed myportfolio and my three garments (two sportswear outfits and a HUGEbridal gown) into my rolling bag and realized I couldn't fit the bag onthe bus or train, so I had to drive! (Just when I thought I was too oldto pull an all-nighter!) So much for sleeping.:X

I was soooo tired! Major traffic, too. I only had one close call whereI doinked off the wall in the Lincoln Tunnel.:shock: Yeah, THAT woke meup!

I stood in line FREEZING from 9:00 until I actually got in at about2:45. All that preparation and waiting so I could spend about 5 minutesinside for them to tell me "We really like your sportswear, work on itand come back and see us next year." Oh, well. So I won't be some bigTV star this season.:(

I'm really glad I went. I'd kick myself if I didn't. Plus I met somereally cool people and it inspired me to work on my designs more.:)Scott had a nice hot bath and dinner waiting for me when I got home,too.

So, as Heidi Klum would say, this year I'm "out". Maybe next year I'll be "in".:)

Good for you for trying! I think that is awesome!!!!

I love that show- mine and my husband's favorite realityshow! I love to sew (and some designing)- and just recentlybought my 8 yr. old daughter her first sewing machine...:)

Even though you didn't make it onto the show, you should still be very proud for trying out!!!

Ericka

Latest posts

Back