O/T One More Group Of Ice Photos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
I got up thismorning and was sitting here drinking coffee. Thesun startedto come up and the light was almost blindingas it reflectedoff of all this ice everywhere! It was a crystal clear sky, beautifuland blue. It truly was breathtaking. I grabbed my camera andran outside to try to get the shots just as the sun was in the rightspot. I had on pj pants and slippers, no coat or anything and it wasabout 5 degrees! :shock:It was really cold!

Everywhere I drove today I could haveshot rolls of film if I would have taken my 35mm. I just left it athome...It was so beautiful....It was like silver and diamonds...I don'tthink I can do it justice by trying to describe it.:)

Raspberry

1-6-050071.jpg

1-6-050121.jpg

1-6-05013a1.jpg

1-6-050151.jpg

1-6-050161.jpg

1-6-050171.jpg

1-6-050181.jpg

1-6-050192.jpg

1-6-050201.jpg

1-6-050221.jpg

1-6-050231.jpg

Oh my how GORGEOUS!!!

It's been raining here like crazy, but the other day the sun came outfor about an hour and there was the most remarkable Rainbow I have everseen! I took pictures (of course it doesn't do nearly as muchjustice as it's deserved), I'll have to upload them to my computer andpost for you all to see.

Absolutely beautiful photos RS!

~Sunshine

Wow! I really love the one with the windmill. Wehad a windmill in our backyard when I was little and they are socalming to me. Those are some awesome photos Raspberry, thanks forfreezing your tush off to get them for us!

Fergi's mom

Kansas looks a lot like my backyard!

I was outside this morning when a car came down the road, it was alldark, no lights at all because the power was out, and when the lightsfrom the car hit the trees, I had to turn away it was so bright!

It's so beautiful except for the scary powerlines and trees falling :(

Here's a pic I took this morning

I love the one ofthe pine! I was really wanting to get some of the pines also. I have ablue spruce that's looking pretty forlorn right now. :(Someof the big evergreens look so beautiful with this coating of ice onthem. I might go out and try to get some more shots tomorrow. I reallylove the one of the windmill too. I think I'm gonna do something coolwith that one....

Raspberry

Raspberry, My pines in the front are all 4 bluespruce. They didn't get it as bad because they are to theEast of my house and the rain was falling from the west ....

I have one big pine in the backyard and it sorta looks like a candycane :?

Those pictures a re so pretty. Isnt it funny how something the beautiful can be so destructive.

Lanna

These pictures are absolutely breath-taking.

Is school back in session?

I hope you ladies have good drainage at the house. :shock:

-Carolyn

Thanks! I'm partialto a couple of those myself, especially the windmill one. I hadsomething similar in mind with that one! :)

Raspberry

The windmill one is at the top of my list. I'd definitely put that one on a calendar.

Rasberryswirl,

When I look at your pictures, and ones you've taken in the past....Iwish you come come to Georgia and take my wedding photo's in December!

I'm having to do some major budgeting and what I'm hoping to do is toget someone I know that takes really good pictures to come and takepictures. I thought I would buy the film and then get themdeveloped myself. Then I thought I would take one set ofprints to a friend of mine that does the most beautiful scrapbooks andgive her the money to make one for me and just let her use herimagination.

Do you think that's a good idea? I've been marriedoncebefore and spent more than enough money on those picturesand I know it can be done for less than what I paid before.:D

Thanks for thecompliment!

I think you have a tremendous idea. Ithink the amount of money spent of weddings is ridiculous. There arealot ofways a ton of money can be saved and stillhave a very classy, tasteful event. I've done several banquets lowbudget that way and people raved and raved about how beautiful theywere! :)You justhave to use common sense, and itsounds like you've got a good start. Your idea of finding a good friendthat takes goodphotos andthen using your otherfriend that does the scrapbooks would be fabulous! I love to scrapbooktoo! It's such a personal and engaging way to tell a story. I love itso much more than flipping through a regular photo album. Of course I'mway behind right now and with 5 kids....and you all know how I like totake pictures so you can imagine the boxes and boxes of photos I havethat need to be scrapbooked.....

GoodLuck with your plans! It will turn out great!

Raspberry

I so hear you on the wedding thing! My bestfriend's wedding was classic in the sense of spending way more thanneeded and just going over the top. Not to mention my sweet girl turnedinto Bridezilla! It actually effected our friendship for a bit, she wasso bad. To the point where her own mother had to call to vent on mebecause of how she was acting.

Dave and I had a nice, small wedding, which was one step up fromeloping. We were going to elope, but we couldn't just go to thecourthouse to do so. His parents ended up driving 10 hours from Torontoactually. It was a nice evening and NO HASSLE!!

Raspberry, I absolutly love your photography. I need a better camerathan the one we have but hubby isn't too keen on spending the money onone right now.

I love the windmill also. You should doa whole bunch of photos throughout the year and submit them to acalendar company and have them make a "KANSAS" calendar :)

This morning was absolutely gorgeous outside. It was stilldark and I had to stop to take some photos. This is a bush infront of my house. The light was shining on it and it lookedlike tons of little diamonds sparkling :)

As I pulled into the kids' school (it's also ourchurch) the trees lining the drive and in the parking islands wereabsolutely stunning! The lamps made it seem they were made ofamber or topaz.

Bo B Bunny,

I love that amber topaz one, gorgeous

Rasberry,

Let me tell you...I'm sure I'll be having some O/T wedding plan ventsfromnow to December. I'll give you a headsup. We've both been married before. He however,hasn't had to plan a wedding in about 15 years or so, so he's forgottenallot about costs. We're suppose to be keeping it simple andcutting cost. He's wanting an even wedding, which costs morefor the reception. I want to keep it small, he's wanting toinvite everybody and have dancing and such. He just doesn'trealize how much it all costs. We've got a while, so, so farI've book the church. I'll give it about a month and maybecome up with some costs to show him so we can sit down and hash out abudget plan.....here we go.

Back