O/T My first ultrasound scan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
The picture didn't come out well, as we don'thave a scanner and I wanted to email it to friends and family until wecan get some out in the mail, so we had to take pictures with ourdigital. You can see the baby though.

It was amazing! Seeing my baby move...I just can't explain. All youmothers out there probably know what I mean. It just really made it allreal to me, even though I've felt pregnant, knew I was, it's justdifferent actually seeing my baby and seeing him/her move like that.

Now I can't wait to find out what I'm having!

Yes, it was a very good day for me yesterday. Wewent to see Star Wars (I'm a big geek, was practically weaned on theoriginals), then got to see my baby! :p

Look at our little Punkin!!Please keep us updated on these pictures as you get them in.How exciting!!

One of my friends had gotten a picture of her ultra sound framed andgave it to her husband as a Father's Day present. Did youhear the swishing around? How old does the baby have to bebefore they can tell if it's a girl or a boy? Do you want tofind out before it's born??

:stork:

-Carolyn

:love:Wow Stephanie. Thats great. Its a very clear picture I can make out the little head and the eyes perfectly.

Theres nothing more special than feeling that warm glow when you seeyour baby on the scan for the fist time. It is so amazing. I knowexactly what you mean. When you see the baby move, its so magical andvery reassuring.

How are you feeling now? How many weeks are you?

I am so happy for you! I'm glad it all went well. It is very worrying until you see the scan and you know all is well.

:jumpforjoy:

Vickie

Aw, Steph! Ain't it great? Iremember hearing Ally's heartbeat at 13 weeks and justbawling. It was the greatest feeling ever!

I'm so happy for you.

Laura

How cool Stephanie!!! Wait till youstart feeling the little one moving around inside you....THAT was theweirdest thing for me.

I had an amnio test when I was pregnant. IMHO it's great tofind out ahead of time what you are having (I know some will disagree)but we were *still*surprised....it was just several monthsearlier than people that wait until the birth to find out.The only mishap was that my daughter weighed over 10 lbs when she wasborn....so we had to return all those cute "little" newborn outfits :?

Hope you continue to feel well during your pregnancy!

:pinkpansy:

I'm 12 1/2 weeks along and so far so good.

As far as finding out the sex, most definitely. That will be aroundweeks 18-20, depending on when I go in. I was very glad that we're nothaving twins, as they run in both sides of our families. From what Iunderstand, it doesn't matter about the father's side, but my mom hadtwins, her aunt did, and someone else on her mother's side. :shock:

Congrats!!! Isn't it incredible to see the little bun in your belly!!!? Ultrasounds always make it all the more real!

Becareful about exposing the photos to additional light (scanners too) they can destroy the photos.

With my first child they gave us a video tape of the 20 weekultrasound. I watched it everyday and spoke to my son. Then, one day, Iwent to watch it and apparently my big toosh had sat on the recordbutton for the remote and accidentally taped over it with The AntiqueRoad Show. I cried and cried. Luckily, the ultrasound place had asecond copy!!

Congratulations again.....

:groupparty:

Congratulations on the fist pic of your newbaby!:clap:May I ask what is your due date? I too ampreggers, actually as of today I am also between 12 and 13 weeks and mydue date is Nov. 28, 2005. I go in for my next appointment ison the next Thursday, I think I will probably get a U/S. Butthis is not my first baby, it will be my 4th and last! (I am38 and getting too old for this game:p)

p.s.-I love all the new emoticons!!:highfive:

Stephanie, congratulations to you and yourfamily. I just recently (4/10/05) became a grandma for the2nd time and I am just in 7th heaven. Good luck and take iteasy, and please when you know let usknow.

Congrats! I just had my baby boy on feb 23rd. Heis getting so big already! I cant wait to hear what your having :) Whatdo you want? Boy or girl? When are you due? Any names? hehe

Virginia

That's a great pic Stephanie...very clear! Yes,the first ultrasound really makes it more *real*, doesn't it? And justwait till you feel your little one kick for the first time! That is theone thing I miss, the feeling of having a growing person inside...therewas just something so soothing, feeling him move around(luckilyStephen wasn't a 'kicker'...he just sort of 'rolled'around gently).

And once your little one is born, you will actually wonder how you everwent through life without him/her. It is a love that really cannot bedescribed...youtruly have to experience it to know.Congratulations! :D

(Oh, and now you will be able to tell your baby that you first sawhis/her picture on the same day as that you saw the final Star Warsepic! ;))

That has gotto be THE best UltraSound picture I have ever seen ,and having seen many thatsa big compliment , THANK YOU , THANKYOU I wasso hoping to see apicture . I can already tell he is goingto be a heartbreaker!!!!!!

Oh wow...Congrats Stephanie. It was atmy first ultrasound that we learned we were having twins....which I haddreamed about the night before actually. I think God waspreparing me because He knew I wanted ONE!

Anyway, my twins are now 20....time flies so fast....yet I still remember the thrill of that first ultrasound....

Peg

Thank you so much everyone. Really warms my heart. :D

Hummer, we're due on the same day! One of my friends back home is also due around that time, on the 18th (I think).

I was very happy with the quality of the ultrasound picture. It wasbetter than what I had expected, from other ultra sounds I've seen. Weare going to be careful when we copy it, just in case. We have morethan one, so at least we have a backup.

I go back and forth between wanting a girl or a boy. As I was such atomboy growing up, and still do have some of those qualities, I think Iwould do well with a son. However, little girls are just so darn cuteand I think about how much fun my niece is.

As far as names, we don't really know yet. I really like Elizabeth, butDave isn't too keen on it. We both like Logan for a boy, but everyonekeeps on saying how it's Wolverine's name from X-Men. Also, Olivia wastossed out. I figure we have time.

You're going to be an excellent Mom to a boy ora girl, Stephanie. It doesn't matter. The child isgoing to be one lucky little punkin.

I've always heard people say don't tell others what you're thinking offor names because then everyone throws in their opinions, andunfortunately not all of them are opinions you wish tohear.

That said, I really like all the names you've picked.

-Carolyn

Back