O/T - Kittens' Spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Hey guys-

You were so great and supportive when our "mama kitty" went in for herspay, I really appreciated the kind thoughts and prayers from so manyof you. She came through with flying colors :D

Well now her girls, my babies, are both going in for their spayoperations. If I thought one was hard, having two go in is nearimpossible. I know it's better for them to recover together, but theirhuman mama is gonna be very nervous until she gets them home! :(

Christine's coming over today, and hopefully I'll be able to keep mymind mostly on other things until I pick them up this afternoon. If youcould just keep my girls in your thought and prayers, we would all bevery grateful!

~Emily and the furkids

Miko
Mikochillininbed1.jpg

MVC-018F.jpg

Stephanie
MVC-012F.jpg
Stephanie43small.jpg

I got Hugz spayed just before christmas and shedid really well, granted I was worried sick all day, but she was fine.We got a leaflet from the vets about aftercare which I found veryhelpful, but you know what to expect from after the op if youhave been through it before.

Just to let you know I will be thinking about you and your kits, keepus posted and I'm sure they be just fine in a couple of days!

Vickie

Hang in there m.e.!I'm proud of you for doing the responsible thing! I've said it before,I'm sure I'll say it many times again, you're such a good kid!:)

Raspberry

I'll keep them both in my prayers today though I'm sure they'll be fine :D.

They are beautiful kitties :).

Kate

Aw, m.e., I know how much all your babies mean toyou, cats, rabbits, etc. I'm sorry I didn't catch this postearlier. I'm certain your little girl will be fine,but I know you won't rest until she's out of the operation.It's so upsetting when they undergo any type of treatment, especiallyan operation. What a great friend Christine is.

Please let us know when you hear from the doctor.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way,

-Carolyn

Well, the girls are home and doing great :D Thevets and vet techs completely fell in love with them, kept calling them"the babies". The incisions look good, and their naked lil' tummies aretoo cute! :p And even though they were still a bit groggy, Miko managedto meow the entire way home (that girl does not like carrides).

Now they're in a bedroom with some water, a litterbox, space heater,and mattress on the floor (no jumping ;)). I'll probably end upsleeping in there with them tonight. Scully's in there with them rightnow, she insisted on inspecting them as soon as they came home. Such agood mom :)

Thank you all for your thoughts, the girls and I really appreciate it! :D

P.S. Christine was great, we kept busy most of the morning constructing the bunnies' new ramp ;).

I was thinking about them this morning while I was working. I'm so glad they are all done.

Aren't those tummies cute? lol!

Awe, ME I know how you feel, the only thing I cansay is to make sure your kitts do notbit or chew at theincision or stitches, this may occur or not.And being thatyou have been through this before whyamI sayingthis (THE MOTHER IN ME)I believe your doing the rightthings. You have a great friend Christine!:DEverything willbe back to normal very soon, you see:)My prayers and good feelings arewith you and your kitties.

m.e. wrote:
Well,the girls are home and doing great :D The vets and vet techs completelyfell in love with them, kept calling them "the babies". The incisionslook good, and their naked lil' tummies are too cute! :p And eventhough they were still a bit groggy, Miko managed to meow theentire way home (that girl does not like car rides).

Now they're in a bedroom with some water, a litterbox, space heater,and mattress on the floor (no jumping ;)). I'll probably end upsleeping in there with them tonight. Scully's in there with them rightnow, she insisted on inspecting them as soon as they came home. Such agood mom :)

Thank you all for your thoughts, the girls and I really appreciate it! :D

P.S. Christine was great, we kept busy most of the morning constructing the bunnies' new ramp ;).
I'm glad that everything went well!! ;)

Your Miko reminds me of my Meeko...he meows the entire waytoand from the vet. I have to wear gloves to even get him inhis carrier because my Mom and I learned the hard way that it'spratically impossible to get him in his carrier with out getting allscratched up. :?

-Jenn

Back