O/T - How Many Animals Die So We Can Wash Our Hair?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*nepo*

Reaction score
rabbit2.jpg

The Facts:
Many industries use animals to test the safety and effectiveness ofconsumer products such as shampoos and cosmetics, in spite of the factthat there are alternatives to animal testing in this consumer genre.

dogscaged.jpg
Some of thecommon animals used in testing are Cats, Chimpanzees, Dogs, Ferrets,Guinea Pigs, Hamsters, Macaques, Mice, Rabbits, Rats, and Capuchins. Inthe 1940's it was estimated over 1 million animals were used intesting. This figure more than tripled within the next 20 years. Thefigure has grown so drastically, that today it is near impossible toeven reach an estimate. World famous Jane Goodall compares laboratorytesting on animals to concentration camps.

A small sample of companies that use the cruel practice of animaltesting are Procter and Gamble, Lever Brothers, L'Oreal, Maybelline,Max Factor, Oil of Olay, Pantene, and Cover Girl.

There are alternatives to animal testing and from buying products fromthose who animal test. There are methods to safely test consumerproducts without the use of animals. Consumers can have a voice in theeffort to "Reduce, Replace, and Refine Animal Research".

Simple steps such as joining a non-profit organization whichconcentrates their efforts on animal rights and animal welfare withinyour own community, and not buying products from companies who useanimal testing to promote such products as mascara or shampoo, are awonderful way to start.

[align=center]
dogs77.jpg
[/align]

There are companies who use no animal testing, and market good, safeproducts for the consumer. There are organizations that offer wonderfulresources and consumer information for those who wish to absorb solidfacts.

Yeah I kno, so many animals die fromlabortory testing:X:(I did an essay on testing on animalslast year. I also read this story on a rabbit that lost both of hiseyes from testing a mascara on the rabbits eyelashes:(Itshorrible...and so many ladies use mascara. Animals should stop beingtested...and we should be using very natural materials instead ofstrong chemicals that have to be tested. Its so hard to get an animalto have itsown right:(

Cassandra

I strictly use things that are not tested onanimals....such as shampoos and make up. I buy from the BodyShop which is big in the UK but I'm not sure you have it in theUS. It's really unnecessary for things like Shampoosespecially when there are human volunteers willing to test shampoos etcand report back on whether they had a reaction. Somthing thatmight cause a flare-up of eczema in a human might be enough to kill arabbit or a guinea pig.

A great brand is 'Beauty without Cruelty' which you can buy from:www.mothernature.com.None of their products are animal tested.

Latest posts

Back