Nyx's idea of "free feeding" a flemish for a year...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Many breeders and owners believe in free-feeding a flemish for the first year or so of their life since they are such big rabbits. I'm a firm believer in it......as I've seen them cut back on their own usually at a certain point.

Nyx is also a firm believer that flemish giants should be fed freely...as you can see from this photo below.

She can get let out for playtime and have a whole bowl of food in her cage and she'll try to find the food bucket and do this...

[align=center]
DSCF1027.jpg

[/align]

She will come out when I pick her up and take her out and move her somewhere...then when my back is turned - she's trying to get into it again...of course.

She's a trip...
You could write kids book about bunnies..based on her life lol...

Pretty girl!

My rabbits can get the lid off the biscuit tin we keep the pellets in so had to hide it from them too.
Does she suffer with excess cecals, as mine always do if they eat lots of pellets.
She is gorgeous by the way, can we have more pics to look at?

When I die I want to come back as a Flemish Giant if I get to be free-fed for my first year...:biggrin2::inlove:

My horses would probably agree, too!

Denise

NorthernAutumn wrote:
That re-defines free feeding, Peg ;)
Yep - is it any wonder that at 5 months she's off the charts with a weight of 12 pounds and 4 and one half ounces?

She wants to know if you have handsome flemish giant bucks she can snuggle with when she's a bit older.

Hehe clever girl....i remember when Jack scratched and chewed open the big 20kg bag of pellets one dayand started munching on them...free pellet dispenser lol

This was her about a week ago...

DSCF1040.jpg

She got out of her cage this morning and the first thing she did was run to where the calf manna used to be...boy was she upset. So she ran to the food bucket - only to find it covered.

She's now moping.

Oh - and Athena had learned where the calf manna was too - so she went looking for it and was disappointed.

I'm such a bad bad mean bunny mama.

Latest posts

Back