nutrition-OT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasspack

Reaction score
My 15 year old golden retriever loves the bunnies. They are pretty good about not pooping when they are out for their free time, but they still do. If I turn my back for a minute, the golden vacuums those poops in zero seconds flat. I tell her no, but she is quite hard of hearing these days. So, will rabbit poo hurt her? My husband calls the buns "the dogs treat dispenser". We will be getting ready to goto bed and he will say..."did you put the treat dispensers away?"

Thanks...

Alice

I think the only thing you have to worry about is wild rabbit poop.
Sometimes I wish my dog did eat the poop left behind. It would be a lot easier than me having to sweep. hahaha.

I also had a golden, he made it to 16. He went deaf at around 13 but knew hand signals. He would ignore the hand signals if he didn't want to do something. Yours may have poor hearing with a side of selective hearing!

My Dachshunds eat just about ANYTHING. Nothing has hurt them so far but we try to keep a close eye on them. They have even been known to eat a whole bowl of M&Ms without much problems.

I think that rabbit poop is not something you need to worry about, as long as your dog does not eat EVERY poop that the rabbit produces in a day :p

My dogs have always enjoyed those tasty treats left behind by such considerate buns.

Fortunately for me (but not for the dog) my current pair have near perfect habits and don't leave strays outside their cage.

If I allowed dogs in my room today while the rabbits were running around they would have had a field day! I thought that my rabbits were for the most part litter box trained. NOT after today. They must have left me with 100 poo pellets in under 1 hr while out to run. It was CRAZY.

Latest posts

Back