Nutrition & Behavior change

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roytaa

Reaction score
hello there
i nutrition my rabbit abour 2 month ago but she is Much more lazy know
she never was angry or anything before nutrition and i did it only for her health, but i fill like jerk now
she was used to Jump over me when i come home and follow me every step , jump on my PC chair when i dont pay attention to her and beg for groom,
all of these are lost and never happend again even once in 2month
she dont afraid of me but only want to sit under something for hours , and mostly only move for food or when see new thing or new place
i barrowed other rabbit for 2 days to see how she react
well first she was curios and playing with other one and after that she wanted to sit and relax and other bunny wanted to play , mine run away and SIT right after that and other one follows,
well i think she Liked to be lazy , and i dont know if any of you have any suggestion for me
thank you for your time already. and see the attachment is my rabbit Dutch?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-22 at 9.02.29 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-22 at 9.02.29 PM.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
Do you have other photos of your rabbit? In the photo, she almost looks more like a hare than a domestic rabbit in body and head shape.

I'm having some difficulty with your english. I believe you meant "neutered" not "nutrition." If this is the case, then I think I can explain what happened. When rabbits are babies, they are often cuddly and docile. That changes once they become adults. Adult rabbits often behave very differently than they did when they were just babies.

Now as they grow older and their hormones kick in, this is also when they happen to get neutered. The neuter happens to take place at about the same time that they are growing into their adult personality. So the change in behavior is wrongly blamed on the neuter when it really is just the natural change that occurs to adult rabbits.

As for her current personality and liking to just lounge, that is pretty normal. Each rabbit is completely unique in personality. Some are more active than others. Allowing your rabbit to meet another rabbit is always a potentially risky thing to do. Rabbits don't always get along and they can even fight viciously. If she was ok with another rabbit coming into her territory, she's pretty laid back. Sitting and relaxing while a new rabbit is in her space shows that she is ok with the other rabbit. That's sweet.

hello first thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad english,
i neutered her at her age of 1 year , so i guess you right or she was following us was because of sex hormones
and yep i upload new pics i will be very glad if you can tell me her breed (can be mixed also) so i can know her normal weight and other things

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-22 at 9.01.59 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-22 at 9.01.59 PM.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-22 at 9.02.56 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-22 at 9.02.56 PM.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 1.59.46 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 1.59.46 PM.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 10.02.49 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 10.02.49 AM.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
Do you have other photos of your rabbit? In the photo, she almost looks more like a hare than a domestic rabbit in body and head shape.

I'm having some difficulty with your english. I believe you meant "neutered" not "nutrition." If this is the case, then I think I can explain what happened. When rabbits are babies, they are often cuddly and docile. That changes once they become adults. Adult rabbits often behave very differently than they did when they were just babies.

Now as they grow older and their hormones kick in, this is also when they happen to get neutered. The neuter happens to take place at about the same time that they are growing into their adult personality. So the change in behavior is wrongly blamed on the neuter when it really is just the natural change that occurs to adult rabbits.

As for her current personality and liking to just lounge, that is pretty normal. Each rabbit is completely unique in personality. Some are more active than others. Allowing your rabbit to meet another rabbit is always a potentially risky thing to do. Rabbits don't always get along and they can even fight viciously. If she was ok with another rabbit coming into her territory, she's pretty laid back. Sitting and relaxing while a new rabbit is in her space shows that she is ok with the other rabbit. That's sweet.
i answered to you above

That rabbit is a mixed. That long face and those markings are very common with the mix breed rabbits in your area.

That rabbit is a mixed. That long face and those markings are very common with the mix breed rabbits in your area.
thank you for answer
well I thought she was dutch because of her white line in forehead and brown leg part
so i guess now she is half dutch and follow that link for caring for my bunny
@SableSteel @Blue eyes you helped me a lot thank you

Last edited:
Rabbits will usually be more active and curious when they are first in a new place. They will spend a lot of time exploring and mapping out their new area. Then once they feel comfortable, they will usually settle down and be less active. You're rabbit flopping down like she is in the one photo, means she feels very comfortable, happy, and safe. If you would like to interact with her more, I would suggest sitting with her on the floor, either in the room she is in or have her come to the room you're in. Then she will be more likely to get curious and interested in what you're doing, especially if you are sitting on the floor with her.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html
She could be part dutch breed, or it could be she is a mixed breed with what's called 'vienna marking', which is similar markings to the dutch breed.

Back