Nutrical Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Ive never used Nutrical but I know a lot of people here use it as an appetite stimulant and to help with weight gain. I was telling a girl who has a sick bunny from Midwest about it and she was wondering how much to give?

Is there a cat dose or something that we use for bunnies?

I use it to help stimulate appetite. My Mini Rex (at 3-4 lbs.) get a pea sized ball, squeezed into their mouth, twice a day. My Flemish(at 14 lbs-18 lbs.), get a"gob",probably 1/2 teaspoon, two or three times a day.

If they are not eating at all, I mix that dose with Critical Care, a pinch of a probiotic and warm water and syringe feed them.

Hi, Haley!

When Leo was going through a really funky molt this winter, he wasn't eating very much so I gave him some Nutri-Cal.I just put a little bit on his nose, and he licked it off.

The directions say....

*To supplement your pet's caloric or nutritional intake: 1 1/2 tsp per 10 lbs of body weight daly.

*When your pet isn't eating its full ration: 3 tsp per 10 lbs of body weight daily.

Like I said, I just put a little glob of it on Leo's nose, and it worked very well! I highly sugget it. The one I bought is for dogs and cats.

-Kathy

I gave about a half inch twice a day for Loki (5 lbs)when he had stasis. For Fey (3.5 lbs) when her stomach is upset I give a pea sized amount twice a day. The vitamin E is good for soothing inflamed intestines.

I squish it on top of their paws, although Loki was very good at wiping it off on the litter box, the floor, the wall...

Latest posts

Back