"Nutri-Drops" - should I have this on hand for travel?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 31452

Reaction score
One of my buns will be going on a road trip (12 hrs) in the near future. A friend of mine told me I should keep some "Nutri-Drops" (BOVIDR Labs) on hand, that it would be good if my bun becomes stressed from the ride and doesn't eat and drink as much as it would normally. I have read up on getting read to traveli with a bun and am hoping to limit the stress of course as much as possible, but Is this recommended? The first ingredient is Molasses products, then propylene glycol, then calcium carbonate....and then a bunch of vitamins. I didn't think anything sugary OR with calcium was supposed to be good for a rabbit? I have heard of Critical Care and already have THAT. I am just wondering about this?

I've found most rabbits won't eat or drink much while the car is in motion. However, after they've adjusted to the sound of the engine, they may nibble some hay. I'd be leery of offering anything with sugars or anything new.

Following the suggestions from this link should be enough.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Transport/Car/Car.htm

Thanks for the link. I am still curious if anyone has used them. If the rabbit does end up stressed despite taking precautions....I was wondering if it was helpful. My vet (who IS rabbit savvy) unfortunately isn't great about general questions unless they are during an appointment.

Thanks. I guess if nothing else is working....its something to try. I wouldn't use it as a preventative, but possibly as a "try and see if it helps" kind of situation.

Latest posts

Back