Nutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandshawn

Reaction score
I have just phoned around to see how much itwill cost to get my bun nutered, £45 per bun wow i didnt think it wouldbe this much! Does this sound like a lot to you?

When i had my lopspayed it cost £40 ididnt ring round other vets though coz theres only one vet i trust withmy rabbits.

I don't know the conversion, but it doesn'tsound too bad to me. I was quoted $90 US to neuter Mocha whenI thought she was a he. There were cheaper places, but theyonly worked with rabbits "a little" and were very hesitant when I asked.

samandshawn wrote:
I have just phoned around to see how much it will cost toget my bun nutered, £45 per bun wow i didnt think it would be thismuch! Does this sound like a lot to you?

Whats £45 in US dollars? I paid $56 dollars for my bun to get neutered.

I just checked a currency calculator andSamandshawn was quoted about $83 US. That's a little lessthan what I was quoted, but more than the el-cheapo chop shops in myarea.

I think EVERYTHING involving rabbits in thevet's office is way, way more than a dog or a cat. I am notsure why, but I think it is because it is a speciality for a vet towork with exotics. Not all vets treat rabbits.Those that do have had approximately 2 years (or more) of training withexotics.

Can you phone around and see if you can find a cheaper price?Sorry to disappoint, but it will be more expensive than neutering adog. Spays are much, much more expensive, too.

Good luck! :p

Kricket wrote:
Ithink EVERYTHING involving rabbits in the vet's office is way, way morethan a dog or a cat. I am not sure why, but I think it isbecause it is a speciality for a vet to work with exotics.Not all vets treat rabbits. Those that do have hadapproximately 2 years (or more) of training with exotics.

Can you phone around and see if you can find a cheaper price?Sorry to disappoint, but it will be more expensive than neutering adog. Spays are much, much more expensive, too.

Good luck! :p
Its less than nutering a dog, but it cant afford it at the moso he will be kipping his round ones for a bit longer, you would thinkthat they would encourage people to nuter by keeping the price low

Back