Nursing mother with weird poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxysmummy

Reaction score
Jemima is currently nursing a litter of 4 who are around 3 weeks old... ever since we got her we have had this problem and it's beggining to worry me. at first we put it down to a change in diet and coming back to actual rabbit food from being a stray etc, but the problem hasnt gone away. shes eating fine, nursing fine, running around fine and pooing fine 90% of the time... the other 10% she does these big chunky sloppy poos... its NOT normal cecals. they look like mini dog poos... about the size of a cecal cluster just not moist grapes, all one big lump..

wish i had a pic but llew just recently cleaned up her litter tray...

will post a pic asap.

p.s she is on a diet of: good quality rabbit pellets, alfalfa hay, meadow hay.

i should probably mention that i took missy to the vet recently and suggested this problem to the vet but she didn't really say much... *sigh*

i think she thought it was cecals and i was just stupid. every time i tried to tell her that they WERENT NORMAL cecals she sort of nodded and kept saying they were cecals

I would bring a poop sample in and have them test it for parasites. Sometimes coccidia live in the cecum so only the cecals look wrong. I had this with Dora, an orphan bun I raised. She had coccidia and also bacterial problems in her cecum.

Latest posts

Back