Nudge, Nudge, Dig Dig, Scratch Tap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocoa

Cocoa's Mamma
Reaction score
When sitting on the floor with my buns, they often walk up and nudge me with their noses. I've read up on it and it seems they are saying get out of the way or pet me. But then I can be sitting in the middle of the floor and not in the way of anything, so I will reach out to pet them and they run. lol

Is this just a "hey, how ya doin'?" sort of thing? Or am I missing something?

Also, Willow will often climb up on my lap, and then start digging on my chest. What??? I am used to when my Holland Lop would do that when I was actually holding her as a way of saying "put me down". But why would a bunny hop in your lap and then try to dig through your chest. OUCH!

Any thoughts?

My one rabbit, Missy, does that digging thing all the time. However, she only does it when I am wearing very soft clothes or yoga pants. She simply likes the fabric and is trying to burrow in it. Although, that behavior is painful, but can be easily corrected. As for the nudging, both of my rabbits do that. If I am reading a book, they will come over, nudge me, check things out, then run away. They do this all the time. This is probably because your rabbit is simply curious. Rabbits are very curious animals😉

Mine are 'nudge and run away'-ers too! I think it's just their way of saying "hey, what's up?". :)

Back