Not Using Litter Box Anymore!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_TOX

Reaction score
Hey so yesterday I took a lot of heat due to the rabbit chewing on a plug that connected our internet and cable (using iPhone) because she got through the bunny gate keeping her out from under our bed. Obviously not bunny proofed enough, will fix. So knowing she needed exercise and socialization out of her cage but knowing they didn't want her ruining anymore cables, I put her in the bathroom with her cage and played with her and feed her her greens and some treats. Let her explore and she finally sat in a corner and layed. Well I left for and hour on her own and I come back to pee everywhere. Poop too but not that much. I cleaned it up no problem I hang out with her more and then leave again. Come back and it's there again. The peeing is worse. She has full access to her cage and I know she knows it's there. While hanging out with her in the bathroom I decided to clean the cage. When done I put the things back inside and the only things I switched is the food dish and her "toy box". The litter is in the same area but now she won't use it. She's been very good at the litter only has a few poos out of it.
What's wrong? What should I do if it isn't better In a couple days?

Often when a rabbit is placed in a new area, they'll do a lot of territorial peeing and poop. It usually settles down in a week or two, but if there's a particular spot she's favouring I would place the litter tray there.

Is she desexed? Sometimes that can make a rabbit harder to litter train, I would simply continue with training as much as possible. Keep putting her poops in her try, wipe up her pee with paper towel and put it into the litter tray. How long have you had her?

Latest posts

Back