Not sure what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxyllsk

Reaction score
My old bunny Bob died back in August. He was a huge english lop that I found outside my office on a very cold, wet November day 8 years prior. He was an adult and we don't know how old he was.

I missed having a bunny around the house so I thought that I could rescue 2 small ones to live in his space. I rescued 2 mini rex babies : An orange male (Mac), and a black female (Molly, or so I thought).

Mac got nuetered several months ago but I was waiting for tiny little Molly to get bigger and stronger, as he was soooooo very small and scrawny when I got him. Well Molly ended up being a boy. I do plan on getting him nuetered as soon as I get my tax return back ; money has been a little tight for anything but emergency vet care since I had a big vet bill for my horse a few months back.

So when they were younger they were best friends. Mac is very laid back, and Molly is not. Now Molly is really terrorizing Mac until he's had enough and chases Molly. I'm guessing that Molly will get better with this once he gets nuetered, but do you think there is any hope that they will once again live peacefully together (as they are both males)? If I see any bullying/chasing going on I try and split them up for a period of time, but I only have their big NIC cage, and a smaller cage so I don't want to do this on a permanent basis.

If they end up not getting along then I hate to say it but Molly will have to find a new home. I have never rehomed an animal before but will do what I need to do.

Opinions ? Suggestions ?

Latest posts

Back