Not Sure What to Do...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokankai

Reaction score
So, as I suspected, foster mama rabbit is pregnant and about to have her 4th consecutive litter that I know of. She'd been digging in the corner of the cage this past week, but last night she did a full-blown nest building session. The current babies are nearly a month old, so I guess it can be any day.

I'm worried though, because mama's ribs are protruding and all of her nutrients have been going towards reproducing and nursing. I don't want this litter, and the shelter doesn't either...but what do we do? I'm worried that having her nurse for another 6 weeks will kill her.

What should I do?

You can also give rolled oats. We buy a huge can of the quaker oats for oatmeal at the grocery store and black oil sunflower seeds

Whatever seeds or nuts is the least expensive &/or you'd eat them if she won't. Fat has more than twice the calories as do protein, sugar, or starch. Almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, or walnuts have 45-60 grams of fat per 100 grams. Rolled oats have fewer than 5 grams, though this is high cf greens & fruit [

Almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, or walnuts have 45-60 grams of fat per 100 grams.

That's more what I was looking for, thanks!

I got the call from the shelter and they said to bring in the new babies when they're born and that they'd find them other arrangements...but I still need to put weight back on mom.

Latest posts

Back