Not sure. Patch of bald skin on back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
I spotted this on eyore earlier...
It was getting dark but.... the one on the bottom near his tail you can see the skin. Ill look etter in the morning with daylight.
002.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

Thanks.
ps, i did not see any mites but the light was fading fast

Do you think it's a bite wound? Was there any dandruff or redness? It could just be a shed that got a bit out of hand, but it looks a bit more like a bite to me--got a big old chunk out there? Anything sharp in the cage? Does it feel warm or swollen?

Its pitch dark out side and i dont want to kill myself trying to see at the moment...
I toched it when I saw it and he did not flinch that much.
The weather is frezzing here so it might of felt warm to me.
There is nothing sharp in the cage/hutch.
Ill take alot better look in the morning firist light and write it up in school then. I ment to look better ut the sun just fell right down so fast!

tonyshuman wrote:
Do you think it's a bite wound? Was there any dandruff or redness? It could just be a shed that got a bit out of hand, but it looks a bit more like a bite to me--got a big old chunk out there? Anything sharp in the cage? Does it feel warm or swollen?

Ok, I looked at it this morning (after fighting with him) it is what I would call "normal"pinky coulour, Its what i expect a rabbits skin to be like. No redness.

There was a bit of the skin peeling when i looked at it very slight.

My hands were cold, but when I felt it was the same temp.

this morning I went oput trying to kill a mouse that jumpped out at me:shock:from the rabbits cage :shock::shock:

I looked carfully at the bald patch and can see either caramels bottom teeth scrach mark, or an oldish mouse bite.

How the hell do I get rid of mice????!!

Hmmm...

I don't think a mouse could have made a wound that big, unless the wound got infected, and then it would feel like a lump and be warmer than the rest of the skin.

For the mice, any trap will do. I have difficulty with the snap traps, and the glue ones are just inhumane. I use a live-trapping thing that catches them in a container, then the idea is I can take them to the woods and release them.

tonyshuman wrote:
Hmmm...

I don't think a mouse could have made a wound that big, unless the wound got infected, and then it would feel like a lump and be warmer than the rest of the skin.

For the mice, any trap will do. I have difficulty with the snap traps, and the glue ones are just inhumane. I use a live-trapping thing that catches them in a container, then the idea is I can take them to the woods and release them.
I dont agree at all with the glue ones either.
I guess i would set them accros the area about the hutch?? with peanut butter?
I dont have live traps though.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Elena,
Its really hard to tell from pics but It looks like a start/finish area of a molt.
Ill take more pictures in better light to day.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back