not gaining weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantaysah

Reaction score
Both of my buns are close to 4 oaths old. The are supposed to be just a few days apart. Peppers mom died of unknown causes at 3 weeks and sugar was with her mom until 6 weeks. Pepper weighs 17.8 ounces and sugar weighs 28.6 ounces. Pepper is growing very slowly and sugar is growing about 3 times faster. My question is .... are there different types of new Zealand's? Mini etc? Do the white ones usually get bigger or is pepper just stunted? And what are the odds she will catch up?

If Pepper doesn't seem to be underweight for her size [with her bones very prominent] & she seems sturdy, I wouldn't worry about it. Just check occasionally that she's not too bony & that Sugar's not getting too plump.

In my mind, it is likely just because Pepper was only with her mom for 3 weeks~as long as she doesn't look/feel underweight for his size (body structure) then I wouldn't worry-some can just be more petite. How much and what do they eat? Are they housed together and if so, is there a chance Sugar could be eating more of the food?

Latest posts

Back