Not enough milk, or just runts? - with pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
My littlest squishballs are now two days old, and size differences are becoming more apparent. I'm just not sure if the two littlest ones are not getting enough milk and I should intervene, or are just normal runt types and will be fine?

4 hours old, biggest v smallest, then 30 hours old, then this morning at 48 hours.

20140616_072916.jpg

20140616_072903.jpg

20140617_073322.jpg

20140618_083944.jpg

On the 3rd picture down the kit on the furthest left does at that angle look a bit sunken in and not as round as the others, when you flip him over is the tummy nice and rounded or does it look wrinkly. You could try giving the ones you don't think have been fed over night another feed during the day while holding mum which might help them catch up or just wait and see how they go.

Okay, thanks. That one is actually not one I'm worried about, it's the two in the left that are the slimmest, so I'm glad they don't stand out as skinny. :)

They all look about the same size, just some are fatter than others. I'd watch them and supplement if you feel they aren't staying caught up with the others. We have two right now that I was watching, one was staying a little skinnier than the other but growing nonetheless. I haven't supplemented and although he stays a little slimmer than the other one I can tell he's growing fine.

Back