Not Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky_2017

Reaction score
Hi guys I’ve just given my rabbit his food and he appears to be not eating it. He’s sat at the cage door and wants to be let out. I think I know the problem. I asked my dad to go out and get food and he got the wrong one. It’s decent, but not as good as the old one. I also gave him a bowl of fruit and veggies, but he’s not really interested in them, he prefers crunchy textures, like pellets and treats. He isn’t too keen on tangerine and banana.

***UPDATE***
He’s started eating the pellets now [emoji28] sorry, I’ll still monitor his eating though, the pellets smell over poweringly of mint which isn’t a good sign.

Rabbits often reject an unfamiliar brand/type of pellets. That is why, when one wants to switch to a new brand, it is supposed to be done gradually over many days to allow them time to get used to the new type. Some rabbits are more finicky than others about changes.

Remember to be sparing on fruits anyway. A 1" slice of banana is the max amount a rabbit should eat on any given day.

Latest posts

Back